The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just had quote off of sky! how much do you guys pay

mikeyh

hi guys the supra should be back on the road by the end of march:)

unfortunatly she has to go to phoenix first to have turbos reconditioned :scare:

any way i thought i would give sky a ring to see what price they could do for me:giveup:

they come back with 1155 fully comp, all mods declared wheels/exhaust/suspension with an agreed value of 8000 also no claims protected:clap:

i didnt think this was to bad considering i have 8 points for speeding plus im only 22.

basically i would like to know what you guys think also if you know of anywhere cheaper:sos:

Doubt you'll get cheaper than that. Just one thing though, is it jspec or uk? That does seem good for a 22 year old, fully comp with 8 points with an agreed value for a jspec.

If so well done!

its a j spec graham gave me the quote it isn't used for work also its kept in an alarmed garage if that makes any difference i have a referance etc so should be ok i hope

they come back with 1155 fully comp, all mods declared wheels/exhaust/suspension with an agreed value of 8000 also no claims protected

i didnt think this was to bad considering i have 8 points for speeding plus im only 22.

Thats a good quote, :thumbs:

I'm about the same money, JSpec TT, BPU, 18s, full no claims, all mods declared, guaranteed value of just shy of 10000. Cat1 Alarm, in an alarmed garage.

and I'm 30 with no points (ever), and was told a limited mileage policy would make no difference

Go Figure.

Mike

Get it bought

My premium is £1200. I'm 30years old. No points & no convictions - virgin license. And with 7 years no claims. Been driving now since 1996.

When I read other people of similar age & license .. paying alot less. To be honest .. I'm very disaapointed in Sky. My single conversion was an additional £280.

£280 ... Fair enough; But if my car still had standard stockers on it - I would expect to be paying £500 - £600.

Sorry Sky, but unless you're realistic in your premiums .. you're not getting my money!

My insurance is due soon so I've just given Sky a ring. They quoted me £1200 on my N/A with my mods declared (like for like insurance on the mods).

I just turned 23 have 4 years no claims bonus and 3 points for speeding. I valued the car at £7000 and will cover no more than 15,000 miles a year.

It's certainly cheaper than what i'm paying at the minute but don't know if this is good or not compared to what you guys are getting on TT's

£280 ... Fair enough; But if my car still had standard stockers on it - I would expect to be paying £500 - £600.

My m8 was quoted for £350 for a standrd UK 6 with similar age/insurance no claims as you, I couldnt believe it.

£1200 is very high for your circumstances, Im not paying much more with a DD40 on!

My m8 was quoted for £350 for a standrd UK 6 with similar age/insurance no claims as you, I couldnt believe it.

£1200 is very high for your circumstances, Im not paying much more with a DD40 on!

Exactly! JDM owners getting stung with high preminum is - I guess is just the nature of the beast. Sky will need to work hard for their money - come my next renewal.

hi guys the supra should be back on the road by the end of march:)

unfortunatly she has to go to phoenix first to have turbos reconditioned :scare:

any way i thought i would give sky a ring to see what price they could do for me:giveup:

they come back with 1155 fully comp, all mods declared wheels/exhaust/suspension with an agreed value of 8000 also no claims protected:clap:

basically i would like to know what you guys think also if you know of anywhere cheaper:sos:

I MEANT, how many NCB,?

thats god dam cheap

Must admit that i was slightly disappointed with the quote i had from Sky! it was for J speck with basic mods, kit and wheels, now i'm an old fart and held a license for ages, max NCB i do keep the car on the road, but have CCTV, and i don't live in a high rated area, and from what i remember they came back with £560 odd fully comp with all the trimmings, now i have seen people who are younger get quotes of £430 with the same type of deal? so i sent the guy on here an email asking for an idea of why, but never received a reply!? they where marched by Adrian Flux, but i think there was one detail difference on the policy!

My premium is £1200. I'm 30years old. No points & no convictions - virgin license. And with 7 years no claims. Been driving now since 1996.

When I read other people of similar age & license .. paying alot less. To be honest .. I'm very disaapointed in Sky. My single conversion was an additional £280.

That sounds a bit steep mate, I'm pretty much the same circumstance as you (but bit younger and more no claims :D ), I live in a bad area and pay only £640 inc guarenteed value, plus they said it was only an extra £200 for the single. Wierd... I'll never understand how the insurance industry works!

Edit: I'm with Sky too