The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Cams/Pulleys

Nic

As the HKS cams can be used with the stock pulleys, in very simple terms, you should set them to the zero mark on the pulley.

yours,

J

Yes, as I say the HKS cams can be used with the stock pulleys so the zero setting should be fine. That's where I set mine when I had the HKS cams. I played around with the 256's and the 264's in various combinations.

Yours,

J

• 3 weeks later...
Quote: from Paul Whiffin on 12:45 am on Aug. 23, 2001[br]So whats the point in getting adjustable cam gears then? Or are these only needed for 272's?

I think it's so the cam timings can be set-up on a dyno to get the best out of other mods you have done.

The cams come with a graph of optimum settings that HKS claim they have determined from their tests.

In order to set the cams to these HKS determined optimum settings, it is necessary that you fit the adjustable cam pulleys.

However, HKS state that the cams are designed to be used with the stock pulleys also.

Yours,

J