The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£9990 too much for a 93 j-spec tt 6spd?

Guest bluefrog

Guest bluefrog

Hi all, joined on here recently as been thinkin bout swappin the civic type r for a nice hefty old soop, been gathering info...

I've found a place with a decent selection of pretty tidy imported soops, one in particular caught my eye - as in subject line it's a 93 j-spec twin turbo 6spd manual, red with original gunmetal toyota 17" aw's. It's done bout 63000 miles, the interior is lookin tired but the exterior bodywork is spotless and straight as is the engine bay. As well as std features it has driver & passenger airbags, cruise control, apexi air filter & s/s exhaust (I think its apexi also).

As in the subject line they are asking £9990, this includes reg, tax, service inc.cam belt change and 12 month warranty. I just cant help thinking this is still a lot of money for a 13 year old car! Would greatly appreciate your opinions...

red soop.jpg red soop 2.jpg red soop 3.jpg red soop 4.jpg red soop 5.jpg

At least £1400 too much.

There aren't loads of manual cars around, just the more common auto and tiptronic cars which you don't really want do you! (Darren and Terribleturner) :rlol:

I've got a red car as you've probably already guessed, they look superb when highly polished like mine. :)

way way to much.

ok so mines is an auto. best colour black also a 93 and 65k ish on clock full leather interior 19"alloys cruise and the usual soop trimmings also added bonus it was standard (for me it was a bonus the wonderful dudes at dvla has pinched 6 points off me) apart from a shitty hks induction ans the 19s and a top secret front and sideskirts and i only paid £6500 for mine

that one looks far to standardfor that price...................rip off

Meow :D

Still red though :hide:

I don't think they show up too well on photo's and can look a little dull when they're not polished. I gave mine a really good polish last year and it looked superb.

TBH I think it depends on a particular car, some black ones I've seen look great and others look horrible. I think it's the same with all the Supra colours, they need polishing! :)

Hi Bluefrog

I'm sure you've got the message by now but yes it's over priced. It's an unpopular colour and those wheels don't do it any favours at all. Are they 16" or 17"? Looks like 16" to me, judging by the large tyre sidewalls. This means it also has the crappy j-spec brakes.

Keep looking mate.

Guest bluefrog

Cheers everyone!

gawd, I'm so glad I posted on here b4 doing something stupid...

I will keep looking, I think £8000 should get me a fairly tidy soop and should leave me some ££s left to spend on mods :ecstatic:

Ben