The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1 down....... 3 to go!!

Whitesupraboy2

well today i have Refurbished one wheel, would of been more if i didnt keep getting paged for work.

What i have done is get all the paint and laquer off the wheel

then polished the outer Rim, including removing ITALY & MOMO from the rim

and Sprayed the Spokes Black.

Well im never doing this ever again, the polishing has come up brilliantly, pictures dont really show it and i think the wheels will really suit the car. (thanks to colsoop for previous tips on polishing) Anyway what do you all think? (ready to be flamed :ecstatic:)

wheels.jpg

wheels2.jpg

wheels3.jpg

looks like it was worth the effort though. Did you have to put any sort of sealer over it afterwards?

The paint is about 3 thin coats of primer.

6 thin coats of black

3 coats of laquerer I will mop and polish the wheels next weekend when this has hardened to get them to show room finish of paint work

The polished Alloy has some stuff i got with my polishing kit applied to it, i guess i just keep applying it when needed to keep it looking new. Was considering laquering the lot, but then when i kurb the wheel, i wouldnt be able to just polish out the kerbed part :)

Yeh why?!? :giveup:

i like black spoked wheels on a white car, if it dont look right on the car ill just spray the whole wheels black.

Think he might of meant the bits where the spokes meet the rim, thought you were gonna just paint the spokes only and leave the rim entirely polished?

Good effort anyway :D