The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC working again

paul mac

just got the RLTC working again after some technical difficultys and wow is it good to have it back took the car out for a 1.4 bar boost thrash without the fear of hitting a wall/lamp post/another car etc, if theres any one out there thinking of getting RLTC and cant make there mind up read the spec of my car, without hesitation RLTC is the best mod per £ i have ever made :amen:

Unfortunately this happens too often:(. The RPM signal for RL must be only feeding an OEM feature. Anything else tapped in to the RPM signal line additional to RL, will cause problems, which can be very hard to diagnose and have potentially disasterous consequences.

It is often incorrectly percieved that the dat or the software at fault.

Since RL sorted out the bugs in version two of their software, I do not believe there have been any software induced problems. The software I use written by Graham Rudd( ex BBS member) Has never caused any problems AFAIK.

Glad you have it sorted at last. RL is a good safety addition to a standard car, but can play an even greater role in highly modified cars. I have not met a driver yet who can beat RL to control rotational slip.

For what it is worth along side bigger brakes (if you have JDM brakes) RLTC should be the first mod made to a car before considering any power gains. But there will be those who will tell you your right foot can deal with anything. But for the rest of us mortals there is RLTC;)

Hey Paul is the carbon panel in your second dash din slot home made ? Is that The RLTC controler ?

Nice motor BTW

Hi Jason

yes i made the carbon panel myself with the apexi and rltc i did it with a dremel it was'nt to difficult, the hard part was taking the (brand new) SAFC to bits and mounting it to the carbon, i would really like one of them digital rltc controllers now but cant bring myself to hack it all up again, damm you Race logic :giveup: