The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Plugs re-gapped but running rich!

Nick

I've now re-gapped the plugs to .85mm, they were all around .75mm.

I now have another problem though, the plugs were covered in black carbon deposits suggesting that it's running too rich.  I'm not too surprised, a mate of mine says he can smell petrol when I boot it and I've been told I'm getting a few flames out the back.

I checked the O2 sensor with a scope and it's fine so what's going on?  The FCON's been removed and the AVCR is turned off so there's nothing to interfere with the ECU.  I have both cats removed and a fuel cut device that doesn't work, I'm baffled.

This car is driving me crazy.

PTS in Luton are apparently okay, but Im not sure how good they are with Supras. The last person I know that went there did most of the tuning and setting up themselves as thats what they wanted to do.

Otherwise just go to Power Engineering who might not have a rolling road capable of taking the full power from a Supra but they can certainly check the fueling etc.

JB