The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which coilover ?

daboss

JIC FLT-A2

Speak to Terry from Vortex, he can get you a set with the correct specs for UK roads. (whoops, just noticed you are in the Middle east) Terry, or possibly Nic can source these for you ....

You can also get them yourself (As I did) from a few places such as:

http://www.perfectrun.com.au/carparts_list/toyota/supra/suprasuspentionlist.htm

http://www.ooparts-international.co.jp/index/car/frameset.html

Guest Flat4_ire
He asked about the best brands...

The best is NOT TEIN!!!

Ohlins and JIC are probably the finest.

dont shout at me there! just giving the guy a guideline there ya know

loadsa good ones man, JIC HKS CUSCO TEIN im sure any of the above will meet your needs!

First I don't believe that he specified what his needs are - Drag, street, circuit ? What are the roads like over there ? Do you know something we don't ?

Second have you heard good things about Tein that we have not ?

Third have you driven a TT Supra with all the setups you mention ?

What Geometry do you recomend ?

OR the short version

Really ?

:badidea:

Guest Flat4_ire
First I don't believe that he specified what his needs are - Drag, street, circuit ? What are the roads like over there ? Do you know something we don't ?

Second have you heard good things about Tein that we have not ?

Third have you driven a TT Supra with all the setups you mention ?

What Geometry do you recomend ?

OR the short version

Really ?

:badidea:

what are you raving about?? jic, hks, cusco, tein etc i said should meet his needs, whatever they are, get me??? so one of these will suit him, not that hard to understand really

Guest Flat4_ire

and no i havent driven a tt supra with all these different coils, but ive had cars with CUSCO adjustables, GAB adjustables, im on my second car now with HKS Hypermax, so i can say that ive found all of these to be good.ive no experience of tein but i hear they offer good ones especially for drift setup

May I ask why you need coil overs? I ask this question of lots of owners, 90% really don't know WHY they need them, they just think they sound cool. Probably 90% of owners don't need them, and they are probably a poor choice for them.

Ride height adjustable... Damper adjustable... Nice colours...Sounds good when you say ' i have coilovers' :D

Why would you want to *ugger about with the ride height? Unless these things are regularly adjusted, cleaned and greased they WILL seize solid. Adjustable dampers are really the realm of race cars, most road cars should have springs and dampers made as a matched apair and left alone. Just IMO, I am very happy to supply and fit coilovers, it's just people should be very honest with themselves and ask if they really need them, and if they have them, will they actually use them, and do they know HOW to set up the suspension?

what are you raving about?? jic, hks, cusco, tein etc i said should meet his needs, whatever they are, get me??? so one of these will suit him, not that hard to understand really

Was I raving - sorry I was not aware I was doing so.

BTW you said one of these will meet your needs, not one of these should suit your needs.

So from your last post I understand that in response to the original question of which is the best set of coilovers your (helpful) response is... any of them ?

:more:

Not trying to have an argument but it can be unhelpful for other members when useless information is posted on these BB's

Just my opinion. :moo:

Was I raving - sorry I was not aware I was doing so.

BTW you said one of these will meet your needs, not one of these should suit your needs.

So from your last post I understand that in response to the original question of which is the best set of coilovers your (helpful) response is... any of them ?

:more:

Not trying to have an argument but it can be unhelpful for other members when useless information is posted on these BB's

Just my opinion. :moo:

exactly, you listed all of them, including the bad ones, not really much help for the guy....

Guest Flat4_ire
exactly, you listed all of them, including the bad ones, not really much help for the guy....

jic hks cusco tein , where are the BAD ones here as u call them then?!?!

Guest Flat4_ire
On the same note you listed ALL of them as good, what is your basis for that recommendation ?

well ive had personal experience with HKS, CUSCO, GAB and i thought they were all very good, ive no experience of tein but hear they offer good stuff, popular with drifters i believe, im not an expert on this..i doubt any of them are BAD to be honest