The mkiv Supra Owners Club

96 N/A had a major service 10 mth ago

supra-alex

the garage used millers 5-60w. I have done around 3000 miles of everday driving with the odd M1 100+ ring a ding but my oil level is still reading well within its limits on the dipstick. I have 5 ltrs of silkolene still to use,

the question i need answeing :

"shall i just top when it does get low or wait till next service 2 mths time and give it to the garage people so when they drain the millers they can just put the silkolene in ?"

your past experiences please.....

think he's worried about mixing oil beofre the service is due, shud it get too low. If so mixing it is better than non at all id say. Just keep your eye on it till service time if it needs topping up then do so but i think you'll get another 2 months out of the oil already in if its well within the limits of the dipstick.

You dont use as much oil this time of year anyway do you?

you can not mix Synthetic oils with Non Synthetic.,

causes a mush in the engine.,and can kill an engine.

I don't think that's right mate. I agree that it's best to not mix different engine oils if you can avoid it but this 'mush' business doesn't sound right.

Its ok, all oils will mix, except for castor based ones, the only issue is mixing a good quality oil with a lesser oil will just dilute the good stuff.

Its always best to top up with something similar, if you are planning to switch to the Pro S then its best to top up with average oil and wait for a clean slate to put the good stuff in.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Simon.

There's some common misconceptions about oil. (Which I only recently was put right about)

I'd too had heard that it was best to stick to the same manufacture of oil, but that's tosh.

Try to stick to the same grade though. I wouldn't personally mix fully with part synth or 5w/40 with 10w/40 for example.

Its ok, all oils will mix, except for castor based ones, the only issue is mixing a good quality oil with a lesser oil will just dilute the good stuff.

Its always best to top up with something similar, if you are planning to switch to the Pro S then its best to top up with average oil and wait for a clean slate to put the good stuff in.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Simon.

it does cheers,