The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whos driving in the cold weather?

Fifty

Hi

Who is driving through the winter in their Supras?

I am getting withdrawal symptons and fancy taking the old TT to work tommorow but its an early start TBH Ive avoided using the car as much as poss in the winter but I really want to give it a run tomorrow.

Temp at 0600 is gonna be -1 or 2 but the roads are pretty much salted (A30)

How likely is it to step on on me if Im easy on the gas?

or am I losing my bottle?

52:slap:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, you can make the supra go as slow as any other car. The nice thing is that it also goes a lot faster than most too.

Amen to that.I'm driving mine all year round.Even though I've been tempted to boot it many a time the posts I read on here about the back end stepping out,is a constant reminder to take it easy and drive it with respect.On the other hand one can never tell whats around the corner as there are so many bad drivers out there:complain:

Driven my nearly every day of ownership so far. Really learning the limits in this weather. Showed a chap in a very powerful sounding, well looked after Capri a thing or two tonight. Less worried about the back end stepping than I am about being hit by some twit in an SUV who has no respect for the speed limit or braking distances.

Drive it.

Heres a thing though. If I do drive my sh*tter Volvo to work I can do the journey in ten minutes less than in the Supra. Mostly because the fastest, most direct route is littered with speed humps which the Volvo will take at 30. Wouldn't dream of that in the Supe although it does make one feel a bit special when you slow right down over them.

Using mine daily here too. Not too bad as long as you're careful on the curved bits and don't boot it too hard anywhere.

In a couple of weeks I've got to drive to Hitchin and back to install VPN in our branch there.

End of Feb I'm trekking up to Glasgow to do the same. Can't fly as I've got all the IT kit to take with me (2 PCs, printers, scanner, fax etc).

Worked a deal with the Boss to get car allowance these days. :D