The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Write Off

TrevS

Hi everyone

Does anyone know a website where you can get a rough price guide for an insurance write off. A friend of mine has written off her FTO and we were trying to work out an estimate for what she will get back for the car from the insurance company.

Also if anyone knows where there is a website or guide to car book prices this might help.

Cheers

Hi everyone

Does anyone know a website where you can get a rough price guide for an insurance write off. A friend of mine has written off her FTO and we were trying to work out an estimate for what she will get back for the car from the insurance company.

Also if anyone knows where there is a website or guide to car book prices this might help.

Cheers

never heard of such a site but never needed too, have cocked up 2 cars in my time and they will always give you (common sense really) less than the market value, with mine and they were with different companies i refused the first offer and then i refused the second too all told i got an extra £900 on the first car and an extra £450 on the second, both cars were only roughly worth in the 4k region, but dont get to cocky as always accept the third, even by speaking to a manager.

now one thing i had to do with my second car is replace the wheels as i did not declare them, if there is anything on the fto that you have not declared no matter how small you can kiss you premium goodbye and no payout what so ever, my mate had that done to him for lexus lights on the back, lexus lights, cause he did not declare he had made a non standard change they refused to payout and he footed the bill for the recovery and salvage of the car :rtfm: