The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Browsing at exhausts... how do they sound?

cookci

Rather have a well sorted Supe than a porker myself:respekt:

Best places to look seem to be (IMHO) Miami GT or Whifbitz - both list a good range.

As to sound - I dunno at all but by tomorrow I'll have an RS-R (cat back) fitted to my N/A so I'll be able to offer a more informed opinion there.

There have been a few posts about zorsts recently - have a nose around and see what turns up:more:

Porshee? Think you mean Porsche...

They sound pretty shit to be honest, never heard a nice sounding Porsche engine - well apart from the GT2 at work :)

If you're after pure 'burble' noise then go RSR, Blitz NUR spec, Tannabe, Boostlogic or 2nd hand Hiper, there's not a lot close to them for overall noise and volume. Money no object choice would be the boostlogic without a doubt.

If you want something more refined when idling, but nice sounding when opened up try one of the Titanium exhuasts.

Well I've had three exhausts on mine now:

1) HKS SuperDragger - quiet, but a nice deep sound on high revs.

2) Blitz Nur Spec-R - loud, even at low revs, but a nice raspy sound, especially at high revs.

3) HKS Carbon Ti - relatively quiet, perhaps not as quiet as the SuperDragger but a very nice sound. Perfect for easy town driving, but when you burn it it sounds spot on :)

All superb exhausts, the SuperDragger had to be replaced because of rusting pipes, and the Nur Spec-R was replaced because I got the Carbon Ti second hand at a good price - it's better suited to me living in central London.

On another note, I heard the BoostLogic on Rallure's TT before he sold it, sounded great, incredibly loud even compared to the Nur Spec-R..

Regards,

Francis

Any comments on the sound of the Greddy Titanium Racing exhaust guys?

I love this exhaust a nice deep burble at tick over on my NA, when accerlarating slowly a deep rumble all the way up the rev range getting louder.

Full throttle all hell breaks loose :ecstatic:

Best bit about the exhaust i like is the slowing down in gear from 4k to tick over, it does a deep roar with not popping as such but you get idea :D

I could do a sound clip if i could get it on PC

Great ground clearence (i have posted pics in a thread, but have them on PC) and the weight saving is amazing!

Lol.I've ordered one from Envy end of last year,but their suppliers took ages and I was quoted a much hiher price than their original one and cancelled the deal in the end.Will hopefully order another one in the next week/two:ecstatic:

I love this exhaust a nice deep burble at tick over on my NA, when accerlarating slowly a deep rumble all the way up the rev range getting louder.

Full throttle all hell breaks loose :ecstatic:

Best bit about the exhaust i like is the slowing down in gear from 4k to tick over, it does a deep roar with not popping as such but you get idea :D

I could do a sound clip if i could get it on PC

Great ground clearence (i have posted pics in a thread, but have them on PC) and the weight saving is amazing!

Ah,I've got a TT,but I'm sure it will sound great as well.One of the main reasons for having it was the ground clearance as well as their are plenty of speedbumps/humps on my daily route.

A sound clip would be nice if its not much trouble:)

ill try and do sound clip prob first chance will be friday evening on Brothers phone as he got a cable for PC for that phone but he fallen asleep and tried waking him but he just mummers bout going fishing :shrug:

Id say ground clearence is as good as stock. Never caught it once.

Fishing!!! Great fun.I used to go all the time when I lived in South Africa.Havent been for ages.

Ro:I did hear that clip of your exhaust last hear when I started looking for an exhaust.As far as I can remember it sounded great...I think it was the clip of your car on your drive shot at nighttime.

Never spotted you around here in Liverpool though.