The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damn cameras

blert596

Just received my NIP through the post for last weeks little jaunt to Liverpool for the match.

"At 10:22 on 14/01/2006

at location M6 Capplerigg Travelling South (S),

in motor vehicle L*** ***

offence Exceeding the speed Restriction of 70mph on a motorway

at a speed of 81 mph

Contrary to blah blah blah!!!"

81 mph, bloody hell. Don't know wether to feel lucky or embarassed.

Cumbria safety camera vans!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was a van on the bridge routine. I actually saw it and had slowed down a bit (obviously not enough), but have no idea how far these mark you over.

Could seriously have been a lot worse. After doing the same drive every 2 weeks for about 3 years (and I must admit to "being in a rush" sometimes) even my mates are surprised its taken this long.

Is it true that its 10% plus 2 that your allowed over? If it is, then 3 points for 2 mph is a bummer, but over is over I guess. Should have went for the 94mph job like last time. Even that was only 3 points.

"Nothing to do with money, nope, just combating criminal behaviour and terrorism, lol..." Well they did include a rather nice glossy coloured brochure explaining themselves.

"Cumbria Safety Cameras is a partnership comprising Cumbria County Council, Cumbria Cops, Highways agency and Cumbria magistrates servis. It ooperates under a procedure called "Netting Off" which prohibits the partnership from making a profit but allows it to reclaim operating expenses from fines from motorists exceeding the speed limit"

Which would seem like nice work if you can get it!! Could do with a new van? Hey, lets get busy guys!!

I've got a soft spot for the Cumbria Scamership.:love:

We go back a long way, us two.

They didn't get a feckin penny, nothing. Nada. They were pretty persistent and played a few tricks (waited until a couple of days before the 6 month period, sent camouflaged envelopes with no return address and smeared postage stamp etc)

In the end they, too, lost to my war of nerves:devil: , partially because they were cheapskates as well (2nd class post, crickey, they were chasing over a grand of fine while skimping on stamps, lol....)

I've got a soft spot for the Cumbria Scamership.:love:

We go back a long way, us two.

They didn't get a feckin penny, nothing. Nada. They were pretty persistent and played a few tricks (waited until a couple of days before the 6 month period, sent camouflaged envelopes with no return address and smeared postage stamp etc)

In the end they, too, lost to my war of nerves:devil: , partially because they were cheapskates as well (2nd class post, crickey, they were chasing over a grand of fine while skimping on stamps, lol....)

Cracking post - LOL

Well done John....

Well it's been a few years now, and I've moved house in the meantime. Sold the car too.

They fought hard the bastids, I think they saw it as a 'pride' thing because the speed was high, who knows. In the end they had to let go, because they haven't got unlimited budget per case. I knew that, and stretched it till breaking point. At some point I played a tricky manouvre and they had to undo the whole good work they (thought they) had done. They had to start prosecution afresh. They decided to let it go.

If they were to spend a lot more money and effort they might had rounded me up, make no mistake. If they *really* want to get you, they will. But in real life their budgets are finite.