The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Stock wheels - nice or rubbish?

Mike

As it's title suggests...

Any thoughts?

Can't decide whether I need to change them or keep them to keep the car 'as stock as possible'... bearing in mind market valuation seems to favour the unmolested these days....

Would after market wheels deter the prospective buyer? (is another question....)

suprawheels.jpg

I'm returning mine to stock as much as possible. I bought it with stickers on, fibre glass skirts and 18" rims etc, but it's all coming off for a nice clean relatively unmolested look.

My main reason for the wheels is I want the best handling car and the most people say stick with stock.

Any thoughts?

Can't decide whether I need to change them or keep them to keep the car 'as stock as possible'... bearing in mind market valuation seems to favour the unmolested these days....

Would after market wheels deter the prospective buyer? (is another question....)

I've got them on my 94, didn't realise they were facelift wheels??? I like them (i'm gunna say that of course) but if i had the money i'd buy aftermarket wheels.

aftermarket wheels wouldn't put a prospective buyer off i don't think, but the more stock the car looks the less abuse it's 'likely' to have suffered...

obviously this isn't necessarily the case but i'm sure that's what most buyers would assume.

Any thoughts?

blinding matey....I just brought a set....much lighter and better balanced than a lot of after market wheels too

The stock 17" wheels are very good. Much better than the vast majority of aftermarket tat. Lighter than many 18" items, too.

They are guaranteed to fit around the big brakes (without which the supra is nothing sort of a crippled performance car)

They are also guaranteed to work with the suspension for the best handling. Guaranteed not to stress extra the steering or wheel bearings.

They are also most likely to be the most robust compared to any aftermaket 'bling' shite.

Next time you hit a curb or pothole you'll see what I mean.

Buy some nice 18" wheels and keep the originals.

If you want to sell the car then put the originals back on and sell the other ones to make some extra cash. :)

This is what I'm thinking....

Many thanks for your comments lads, much appreciated....!

Mine are 16", so I think that's why I'm not that happy with them.. the difference a nice set of wheels make is huge on the Supra... at the minute it just looks 'OK'... which ain't good enough really...

Nice to know that they are good wheels though, for handling.. nice to know I'm getting the best out of it...! :respekt:

• 1 year later...
Guest andyj22
I put 19" Kahn 2 piece on mine. The car actually runs pretty well on them. It may wander very slightly on really bumpy B-class roads, but I don't drive on them so problem cured!

God knows how much money I am losing selling them with the car.:rolleyes:

Lovely wheels

I am in the same position my supe is wearing 16 inch OZs and am going for a different set when funds allow but realy dont know weather to keep the stock look or go for some nice 18s?(anybody know what OZs are on my car iv never seen them before?)