The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Found Out I Have Larger Brakes

lockys96

Went to my old starlet gt/glanza meet, and there was another soop,

he went on to say how crap the brakes were on his car and wouldnt put it on track like that,

he then compared them to my disks, looks like the jap kid upgraded the brakes on the factory option, or after. UK SPEC BRAKES, ummmm

are the Uk brakes 4-pot calipers?

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9523/brake10ph.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1892/brake23lo.jpg

i take it they must be as my wheels are 18" and the brakes fill the wheels.

i wondered why my brakes didnt feel bad as i expected it to be from the comments on the forum.

what other suprises will i have:) ;

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/601/brake36qe.jpg

when my brake pads run out, do i have to buy the UK pads, or are the j-spec ones the same.

ALSO where is the stock ECU, is it behind the dash under the spioler ecu?

may as well check for a aftermarket one.:more:

when my brake pads run out, do i have to buy the UK pads, or are the j-spec ones the same.

ALSO where is the stock ECU, is it behind the dash under the spioler ecu?

may as well check for a aftermarket one.:more:

Yes those are 2 pot rears and yes you will need to buy the larger spec brake pads, as they are completely different.

Stock ECU is in the passenger footwell, lift carpet and you will find a panel, undo bolts and behind it you will find the ECU (it is the larger of the 2 on the RHS).

Yeah, Halfords extreme wheel cleaner is good, I use it on mine (see below), dont leave it to sit on them tho. Are they laquered? If they are bare metal you could try some autosol that'll bring them up blinging :)

The JDM brakes are ok for their purpose - in a world where the car was limited to 112mph, but over here its a different standard required.

If there were no marks left after the polishing it would suggest they are not laquered, usually the laquer can flake around where its been rubbed.

In that case, yeah easy to do with some elbow grease or a polishing mop and some autosol/metal polishing compound. :thumbs:

jes, thats japs for you the locking wheel nut is bbs as well, and i have the bbs wheel nut tool for the wheel,

shame the japs use double sided take to put my top secret side skirts on, they are fixed with srews, but why use tape.

me thinks i sould re-fit them using proper adhesive.selant