The mkiv Supra Owners Club

age????

Guest Kai_Sup

Guest Kai_Sup

alrite guys. new to the site. was just wondering what a good age would be to get a supra. i know insurance would kill me alone. but ive got quite alot saved for 1 and ive seen 1 for sale at a local garage for £4495, l Reg, Non- Turbo.

so whats the best age to get 1. when did u guys get your first and what was the insurance like. ive got no claims at the moment and been driving for nearly year. but i wouldnt get the supra until next year time anyway until ive been driving for longer and got no claims.

Get some driving experience under your belt definitely and preferably in a fairly fast car. The Supra is stupidly quick plus it's a relatively heavy car which carries a lot of momentum. You really do have to ease your way in to driving one... 8 months with mine, a couple of close ones but you live and learn :)

I'm 22 now, I've been driving ever since I was 17+1 month, the Supra's not an ideal first car that's for sure but as long as you're sensible, even if you're young I don't see why not. I'm glad I didn't have the Supe back in my youth, I was a bit more reckless back then and could have ended up in a tricky situation...

All that said, the NA model will be a lot tamer, although still fast! It would also be a great introduction to Supra's so you can handle a TT when the time comes :)

I bought my Supra at 22 after owning a front wheel drive hot hatch , i dont think age matters as long as you can afford to service (properly)and run the beast(it loves the petrol) you should be fine. And also use common sense it is quick and will get you in to a world of pain if you dont respect it while driving.

good luck.

Oh and check the faq section for a buyers guide.

Guest Kai_Sup

the supra wouldnt be my first car and i wouldnt say my car matchs the performance of supe at all so yeh i can imagine that it takes some time to settle into.

hey im an old gun now :D

i bought mine when i was 20, 2 1/2 yrs back. My insurance was only £1150 which apparently was really good and drove some members in to disbelief.

I have never changed insurance companies because no one can seem to match that price for me, and current insurer doesnt insure under 25's on this car now. They just honour me as an exsisting customer.

1 yrs no claims at 19, expect to pay at least £1500 minimum id of said

Guest Kai_Sup

how much u paying miko. i cant wait to get mine. but ill respect the car and then the car will respect me. i know i could afford 1 its just insurance that concerns me lol

yeah insurance is a bit of a bugger,1 1/2 years license, 2 years no claims, and its gnna be £1700 third party fire nd theft. Its £2600 fully comp, and i feel that im never gnna claim on my own insurance if i prang it until i got my nc's protected so thats why i havnt gone fully comp. I think you may struggle without 2 or more no claims. But i'd love to see you prove me wrong.

got mine last year when i was 21 the lads are right give it massive respect. i did loads of advanced driving in the army on a close protection course for northern ireland theres not much they dont teach its something like the police do but your trained to get away however even this course didnt prepare me for my beast iv nearly lost it a few times and my arse has chewed through a few pairs of ck's. on the insurance sice give lancaster a bell on 01480484848 or adrian flux on 08700692202 and happy days of supra ownership mate.

im 21 with a manual twin j-spec, im loving the looks i get, and the car

anything over 20 with a couple of years driving experience, most people will work there way up in cars, i.e not jump from a 1.0 to the supra.

It also depends on how you drive, i would think most supra owners are respectable owners.

i was told to take it easy, as i have, i respect my car and would like to keep it.

but ill respect the car and then the car will respect me.

HA!!!!

The car won't give 2 hoots, it'll eat you for breakfast lunch and dinner!!!!

Other than that, welcome!! :D

Seriously, get one, they're cool. I'm not saying you're gonna die or anything because most don't, even if you do crash you'll almost certainly climb out alive and mostly unharmed.

You get used to it pretty quick, and yeah if you respect it it'll be fine and you'll LOVE it! :D

Im 20 on a uk tt. Didnt realise i have been beaten. miko? you getting a tt? No longer the youngest :(

Its a very steep learning curve. i went up the ranks of cars and had driven a few fast cars before. A certain amount of luck means that i kept mine on the road. Now im cool with it...took a while though!

Good luck and welcome!