The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trackday Supra's

chris aka fonz

Depends if you want to use it mainly for track or road. I intend to track mine this year at some point.

So far:

Decent seats / harnesses

UK brakes with motul RBF

Braided lines

CW pads

CW SMIC

BPU

Stock 17's for track

Prob more that I cant think of at mo.

Will be upgrading to CW suspension this year. Apparantly he may be doing several different setups to suit.

Semi strip interior if you want - back seats and spare wheel etc.

Then I think its tyres, tyres, tyres and weight reduction/cooling.

I am sure someone will come along with far more suggestions/knowledge very soon.

HTH

Rich

I track mine, but it's also my dailer driver, so it's aimed at being the best all-round setup. I have standard Recaros (retrimmed) modified to take a crutch strap with 6 point Sparco harnesses. The shoulder straps are connected to a Sparco harness bar behind the seats.

I've got UK calipers with DBA slotted discs (not the gold drilled ones which they don't recommend for track use) and Chris Wilson's fast road pads, braided hoses and decent DOT 5.1 fluid. Suspension wise the only mod I have is TRD anti-roll bars, which are well worth it. Oh, and a Cusco strut brace but that doesn't really do anything apart from look nice.

The thing you will really need is an oil cooler - I have a 19 row Mocal one with oilstat and remote filter. Also have oil temp and pressure gauges to keep an eye on temps. I'm just about to add a small Mocal oil cooler for the power steering too because that was overheating last time.

I've got a set of standard 17s I've used for track days and I've used my Lexus 18s too. The standard ones are probably slightly better (and the tyres are cheaper), but there's not much in it. I'll probably put some Toyo R888 track tyres on the 17s when I can afford it - using normal eagle F1s at the mo. Depends whether you want to go as fast as you can or just have fun.