The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air/fuel Ratio Meter

GavinL

These kinds of devices are useful for filling any spare space on your dash and they look pretty at night. Especially when you ECU switches to closed loop mode as all the different colour LED's begin cycling up and down. :)

However, they are simply not accurate enough to set-up an engine because they neither have the necessary display resolution, nor are they calibrated with any real degree of accuracy.

So if you want something to look pretty, that's fine. But if you are looking for something to map an engine, big no-no I'm afraid. For that you need a calibrated UEGO sensor setup.  

Yours,

J

The only thing I would add is that they are OK for spotting a very lean condition, so if you were to have problems while driving they would give you a visual warning of any major fueling problems.

That said I tuned an FTO with a modified MAS (honeycombes removed) and a Apexi S-AFC with no problems. But then it's N/A and I was very careful (running slightly rich) But still managed to have the fastest 4 speed tip FTO at Santa Pod on it's first club outing betting all the higher speced models with variable valve timeing so something was going right :)