The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-cat nightmare

Supradan

Had my cw de-cat pipes fitted today,they had an absolute nightmare as one of the bolt threads was buggered so now its blowing cos they couldnt tighten it up far enough.

Glad i didnt try doing it myself lol

Spose im gonna have to take it all off now and re tap the bolt hole

Anyone else had this problem?

The cw pipes fitted perfectly and are a first class job would recommend his to anyone.Car feels more responsive and picks up quicker well pleased

Does anyone know the size and pitch of the studs going from 1st cat to manifold?

Those are known to be bitchy, as they have been baked by the high temps of the exhaust.

It takes spraying with various substances and delicate techniques, but you may still shear studs and have to drill them out.

You should have a couple of studs on the side just in case. Barstewards.

Had my cw de-cat pipes fitted today,they had an absolute nightmare as one of the bolt threads was buggered so now its blowing cos they couldnt tighten it up far enough.

Glad i didnt try doing it myself lol

Spose im gonna have to take it all off now and re tap the bolt hole

Anyone else had this problem?

The cw pipes fitted perfectly and are a first class job would recommend his to anyone.Car feels more responsive and picks up quicker well pleased

Does anyone know the size and pitch of the studs going from 1st cat to manifold?

mmmm one of the reasons im taking mine to cw to have him do the lot,and as im about as mechanically minded as a common cabage