The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another "What car next?" thread.

tbourner

I'll be selling the Supra this year as we're buying a house, and I know I'll never get one again because we'll never be able to afford it!!

UNLESS:

I have something to aim for, if I'm specifically saving for another car then I'm less likely to spend it on a deposit when we re-mortgage!! :p

But what car?

I might get another Supra, so don't bother suggesting that.

Otherwise I'd want something different, maybe the opposite kind of car, like an Aerial Atom or Cobra, maybe a Scooby or Skyline, maybe a TVR.

Practicality isn't important as it'll be a second car, cost up to about 10k (but in about 3 years from now probably!), NOT any kind of front wheel drive POS!!!!!

Suggestions?

I'm always looking around at different cars, but at this moment in time, there is nothing that I really fancy owning (in a sensible price bracket) that could replace the Supra.

I suppose if I fell on hard times and had to sell my cars, I'd get another MR2 turbo, I loved the one I had, and still look at them with affection whenever I see one.

As for a second car, I'm obviously going to say get a TVR, :D the Chimaera and Griffith (to an extent) are a lot cheaper to buy and far cheaper to maintain than the Cerbera/Tuscan/Tamora/Sagaris etc, and can be reliable if well looked after, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty from time to time.

As for practicality, the Chimaera has got a reasonable sized boot, the Griff, less so. They both do about 15-20mpg and insurance ranges from expensive to exhorbitant, knowing your age, its probably going to be the latter :(

I'd always wanted a Griffith, so it was a no brainer for me, but there are lots of good fun cars around, just take your time looking, and get what appeals to YOU