The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best tyres

DBR

Another vote for F1's here. I've tried quite a few different tyre's since owning the Supra (Mainly rears :innocent: ), but the F1's are by far the best all-rounders. They are the best wet/cold weather tyre I've tried. For warm/hot weather they may not give the maximum grip (maybe a quick wearing soft compound tyre is best here), but for all round usage they're the best I've experienced.

Friends of mine with Imprezza's and Evo's (of various spec) recommend the Michelin pilot sport as a similar good all rounder.

Forgot to add, us locals pay £102 per rear for stock 17 F1's, £96 for stock fronts. Fitted, valved and balanced. Nice :D

I got 2 fronts (235/45/17) F1s for £75 a piece from my supplier!! Just got to get them fitted locally. These guys deliver next day to your door - best prices I can get - been using them for a few years now.

I got 2 fronts (235/45/17) F1s for £75 a piece from my supplier!! Just got to get them fitted locally. These guys deliver next day to your door - best prices I can get - been using them for a few years now.

Feck me that's awesome! I've got Pirelli P-Zeros all round, they're great in the dry but not great in the wet, and they cost £150 a piece - fitted that is. Sayin that, I didn't do too much shopping around!

Thats bloody good! Who do you get them from?

sounds like the majority vote is f1's then....... so f1's it is!, cheers guys an ellis spill the beans were did you get such a good price from.

ellis:

going for the full respray then, i thoguht you would have changed the colour to silver:) ....... have you damagerd my old baby then:p or just going for the 'just out the showroom' look.