The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New DVD Head Unit

Supra-Dupra

This is my second one I had one in my last car, lovely head unit especially at night also does dvds, divX, Mp3, Mp4, VCD ..etc !

Looks great in the car with a motorised Monitor all in blue lights aswell ! Seller is Uk based also !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5850144662&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Have you got a picture of it fitted?

I bought one of ebay from Japan and it was a right pain to fit as it didn't use a standard adaptor so i had to cut it up. Then i found that the screen wouldn't come out as it hit the dash and would get stuck..

Got the hump and sent it back, so cost me a total of £90 for the privilage of collection and fitting and sending back.

So i'm a bit weary of buying stuff now :-)

Nice.

Noooooo, not the both of them, god, I wish :) , I already have a monitor like the one there but this sale is just for the DVD player (stereo) they re single din units, which you feed to your monitor !

Its fitted at the moment but with a different DVD stereo, I have bought this one to replace my old one. I will get some pics up when I put it in !

This is what he is selling its not a monitor aswell tho:

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/is.php?i=605400&img=DSC05512.jpg

i'm just curious to find out what the connections are like on the back of it?

If there ok, then i'll buy one..

Same power and speaker cables as a standard stereo, with the addition of output RCA leads (yellow red white) for video and sound, and a second set for input !

If you have a monitor just put yellow to yellow red to red white to white couldnt be simpler !

Have you got a picture of it fitted?

I bought one of ebay from Japan and it was a right pain to fit as it didn't use a standard adaptor so i had to cut it up. Then i found that the screen wouldn't come out as it hit the dash and would get stuck..

Got the hump and sent it back, so cost me a total of £90 for the privilage of collection and fitting and sending back.

So i'm a bit weary of buying stuff now :-)

Nice.

Ive got a motorised monitor also works a charm super fit inch perfect for the din space in the supra ! Ill get some pics AFTER i clean the car ! ;)

I have just got one of these too. Slightly different model, more powerful amps and it plays mp3s from dvd in folders. I think the one you have is limited to 250 odd on one dvd, anything more than that and it won't see the files.

I got mine from http://www.MP3Playerstore.com

mine is this one http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/dvd/DVD-389.htm

I will post some pics of it. 3 day delivery too!

I have just got one of these too. Slightly different model, more powerful amps and it plays mp3s from dvd in folders. I think the one you have is limited to 250 odd on one dvd, anything more than that and it won't see the files.

I got mine from http://www.MP3Playerstore.com

mine is this one http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/dvd/DVD-389.htm

I will post some pics of it. 3 day delivery too!

Well the one I had one b4, I had dvd full with mp3 from the ipod, read them all no problem.

This is the new model but Im expecting same plus the bonus of DivX

http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/dvd/DVD-389.htm

Is it the same at the back as this one? Do they need hard wiring in?:sos:

Thanks

Craig.

Yes identical at the back ! all you need is power to permanent 12v, power to iginition (already in your old stereo) 12v, connect the 4 speaker cables , plug the RCA leads into the monitor ! then sit back and watch lol !

Gonna put a reversing camera on to it aswell ! Trouble is i dont want any holes for the camera in the body nor and bits hanging on to the rear that can be nicked !! may do it internally on the roof inside just beside the back window ! Any ideas ?

thats a well good price, the combo one

monitor and cd tuner.

i could do with that.

so quality is good then

I got my screen from ebay seller option-trade for £89 and the dvd unit above to match it as the one i have now is poop, NTSC and PAL has auto switching cant set it to one or the other, dvds could be half through and the colour goes !

Screen is super tho I must say and I DIDnt get the DVD unit from the ebay dude above was from some canadian site, the screen seller was very helpful as the first unit was faulty and he replaced it a AND paid for postage !!!

Personally, I would say you'll get what you pay for with these type of products and run the risk of them packing up after a short time or arriving faulty.

These are all non branded Chinese made products, they will use the cheapest electronic components and their quality control will be very poor. I've spent years working with Chinese factories here, developing all types of things including electronic products. Electronics is the one area where you want good quality internal parts and very good quality control, as the the manufacturering defect rate and return rate is huge.

Have a read of [thread=44317]THIS THREAD[/thread] before making your mind up, there are other members who have had similar experiences too.

A similar 'branded' product will be at least 5 times this price, usually when it seems to cheap to be true, it usually is I find.

i had one of these set ups previously. the head unit kept losing the settings when i powered the car down, was a complete pain in the @ss and after a bit the novelty of having a screen and dvd player wore off :(

were u wired into permanent and ignition, one is constant low power for memory !

Personally, I would say you'll get what you pay for with these type of products and run the risk of them packing up after a short time or arriving faulty.

These are all non branded Chinese made products, they will use the cheapest electronic components and their quality control will be very poor. I've spent years working with Chinese factories here, developing all types of things including electronic products. Electronics is the one area where you want good quality internal parts and very good quality control, as the the manufacturering defect rate and return rate is huge.

Have a read of [thread=44317]THIS THREAD[/thread] before making your mind up, there are other members who have had similar experiences too.

A similar 'branded' product will be at least 5 times this price, usually when it seems to cheap to be true, it usually is I find.

The one in the first post is excellent I have had one before in my old car, which I sold to a friend and its still going strong, and one I fitted to a car for another person, this model in particular seems to be good.

But I agree as the other one I decided to get first is muck (in car now) !! But then again why pay £500+ for a setup ull get bored of in less than 12 months ! £85 will do me if it only lasts 12 months by then ill be on the hunt for something new LOL :flasher: !!!