The mkiv Supra Owners Club

standard engine

daboss

Are you asking weather you should bolt a turbo kit on your N/A?

Or should you buy a TT engine?

From what I understand (and that isn't a lot) the N/A-T route is very expensive but has the pertensial (sp?) of having more power than a TT because of the single setup, however you may need to upgrade the Diff, gearbox, clutch, ecu etc etc.

The N/A-TT route I am not too sure on I think the ecu needs changing as well as wireing looms plus gearbox (not sure on that one)

I have been thinking the route myself but I always end up thinking I should just sell and buy a TT

Guest slow dog
hey every one i need to know which is better if i get a brand new engine for my 2jza80 supra which is not turbo or shall i get a turbo kit for it wich is better i need to know plz.and which is more powerful?

all down to money and how much time you got mate to be honest not just the engine mate its all the other gear that needs to go with it mate ?

Guest slow dog

well if you take a standard na replace the pistons rods etc etc manifold add tubbie then you can make it just the same as a tt ?

so with a skip load of money time you can make them just the same mate

If you're after a "money no object" massive hp engine then you may as well start with the NA since everything but the block will get binned. Budget well in excess of £20k for a full on engine and driveline build for it.

If you're after a day to day driver car then its completely different, in the UK its most cost effective to sell the NA and start with a fresh TT. You can see 450bhp with the stock or hybrid turbos and circa 6-700bhp using the stock bottom end with a single trubo conversion (Although that wouldn't be very 'driveable). An NA would need a new bottom end sooner as it'll need to drastically lower the compression rate to see that sort of HP.

small :hijack: is there any way of getting bits seperatly for a NA-T? So in other words I could buy a T61 first part of the year then an inter-cooler the next part etc etc basicly I am shit at saving loads of money but I could buy bits and bobs over time

You can buy in whatever order you like, but successfully installing them would mean getting most / all of it together FIRST! Do not underestimate the TOTAL cost!