The mkiv Supra Owners Club

slow supra

lockys96

Ive had my car for over 11weeks now,

just some opinions needed.

when i had my test drive sat in the passenger seat, it gave me that feeling in my stomach, like your on a roller coaster.

but now driving my car, fo shaw its quick, but never experienced that feeling since, is this just because i was in the passenger seat?

after a few weeks i think your body just comes custom to the feel of power,

what are your thoughts,

i assume your going to say, go bpu

all i need is de-cats, fuel pump, injectors and boost controller i guess

Guest Flat4_ire
Ive had my car for over 11weeks now,

just some opinions needed.

when i had my test drive sat in the passenger seat, it gave me that feeling in my stomach, like your on a roller coaster.

but now driving my car, fo shaw its quick, but never experienced that feeling since, is this just because i was in the passenger seat?

after a few weeks i think your body just comes custom to the feel of power,

what are your thoughts,

i assume your going to say, go bpu

all i need is de-cats, fuel pump, injectors and boost controller i guess

this is the reason u keep going and hence why people have 1000bhp supras! when u first jump into a 300bhp one u think "my god this is unreal" then 1 month later it just feels like a normal car and u go bpu, then u go bpu and after another while it feels normal, then u go single, basically u just keep going until the bank manager tells you to cop on to yourself!! lol

and u always feel it more it the passenger seat yeah, i never got it driving myself

I went from a Corsa GSi to my NA Supra - that felt very quick.

I then went from a NA Supra to a TT Supra which felt extremely quick.

I then went BPU and pooped my pants.

I'm getting used to this now, but I can't say I'd want to go much faster for a daily driver.

Definately prefer to be a driver. You know what's going on, your buttocks are clenching the seat in anticipation for your every move.

i know what ya mean, when i had my test drive, it was like a rocket ship! 4 months down the line i keep wondering if my turbos are working properly. luckily i just use my other car for a couple of days, then jump back in the Supe and all is nice and quick again...

i was using a 1.3 diahatsu charade,

ive had saxo vtr - Glanza V turbo, seemed stupid quick lovely nippy car

then i ran the diahatsu for a year, to get 1ncb.

maybee thats why i felt like that during the test drive, i did say, thats enough, you can slow down now. lol.

i was going to run the diahatsu for 2 years then get a nice car, but i couldnt hold out.

It's all in the mind mate.

Get an accelerometer if you're in doubt about the car's real performance (or want to measure the effectiveness of 'mods')

Power is addictive though.

First time a friend took me as a pillion on a 50cc bike I shit my pants, it felt so much faster than my bicycle

My first 50cc moped felt torquey as hell. Then got used to it and it was like a pile of shite.

My first 350cc bike felt torquey like a tank. A year later I realised it couldn't do motorways two-up without embarassing me.

My 600cc bike felt fast for a couple of months

A 750 felt faster, but not worth spending money on.

Then I bought a 750turbo, now that felt fecken quick while on boost. A year later I had it dismantled trying to find if I was being sold the restricted 'Swiss' model. That's how slow it felt.

Then I got an1100 which only felt fast for a month.

Then I turbocharged it, with over 250bhp (the limit of the dyno at the time) It was lethal, almost killed me a couple of times, and then it dawned on me that if I didn't stop this vicious circle I'd end up dead.

It's all in mind, I tellya

Thats why I use an EBC on my BPU supra. I have it switched off normally, makes upto 1 bar boost. With EBC on, the Turbos spool quicker and earlier in the rev range and a more power (1.2 bar). I only switch it on when I'm bored/fancy a spirited run. Makes the car much more enjoyable that way IMO