The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyo T1-R's

mikeyb10supra

No! mate!

I have used Dunlops and F1 Eagles before. I'm now on Toyo poxy T1R's all round. I can wheel spin in all gears in the wet, something that I couldn't do with the dunlops and goodyear. Obviously shouldn't be trying that in the wet, but goes to show how bad the Toyos are in the wet. Softer compound than the Goodyears too.

Guest Flat4_ire
No! mate!

I have used Dunlops and F1 Eagles before. I'm now on Toyo poxy T1R's all round. I can wheel spin in all gears in the wet, something that I couldn't do with the dunlops and goodyear. Obviously shouldn't be trying that in the wet, but goes to show how bad the Toyos are in the wet. Softer compound than the Goodyears too.

hmm man these tyres are designed to work better in the wet! i had em and thought they were great in the wet!

I have them on the back too and thats after the F1's. Spinning them in all gears isnt possible at BPU level. I find the lateral grip in the wet of the Toyo's surprisingly good too. The goodyears are a bit better but if you have a really good deal on the Toyo's go for them.

I have them on the back too and thats after the F1's. Spinning them in all gears isnt possible at BPU level. I find the lateral grip in the wet of the Toyo's surprisingly good too. The goodyears are a bit better but if you have a really good deal on the Toyo's go for them.

Since you have experienced both tyre types....which one would you recommend if price was NOT an issue.

i have T1-Rs on my sup and they have lasted over 14K miles and counting. Loads of grip in both dry and wet, however they do wheel spin....then again, I have never tried the Eagle F1s on the Sup.

Could it be an alignment issue on your car if you’re getting so much wheel spin supro?

Tracking is spot on, as I say I've not had a problem with Goodyear F1 eagles in the wet but do so with the Toyo's. Someone else on here said the same thing, can't remember who, maybe Terminator???

Edit to say: I did my 'Testing' straight after I changed the tyres from F1 eagles to Toyo T1R.

Since you have experienced both tyre types....which one would you recommend if price was NOT an issue.

i have T1-Rs on my sup and they have lasted over 14K miles and counting. Loads of grip in both dry and wet, however they do wheel spin....then again, I have never tried the Eagle F1s on the Sup.

If price wasnt an issue i think I would go with the F1's but I really dont know if that would be due to all the hype they get on here. They are good, no doubt. One advantage that I think i "feel" is the harder tyre walls of the F1's which give them more feel.

I've been using Toyo T1-S for years, Good in wet or better in Dry, Now moved to the T1-Rs and the fronts have done 10k they seam to last a bit longer but still have great grip. :)

I got them from:

Bracknell Tyre & Battery Co.Ltd

Unit 1, Longshot Lane Ind Est, Longshot Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1RL

Tel: 01344 411323

Cost for 2 x Front: £205 all in for 235/45 17s

Cost for 2 x Rear: £200 255/40 17s (6 months ago and still going strong)

Hope this helps.

Cheers G