The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Couldn't wait any longer (the bodykit begins!)

Sub_Culture

Had EVERY intention of waiting til I had accumulated all the bits of my bodykit before I fitted them, but temptation got the better of me!

The car is going to be resprayed (in a colour that is still top secret! and by that, I dont mean gold :innocent: ), so I bought a couple of cans from Halfrauds so at least my car isnt multicoloured, painted my new Bomex skirts and put them on! Really happy with them. Not as low as I had hoped for, but that will change when the car gets dropped a little, Im sure!

Just waiting for the spats to turn up now, and need to go collect the front bumper from Paul, then I can start think about prepping the car properly to paint her up! Will keep you updated with pics when I can.

Andy

Flea Bay, mate........ £80! And they are genuine ones! The fella has just bought a flat and had sold his car, was just getting rid of the last few bits and pieces he had, offered him a cheeky-ass reply and got lucky!

Were quite a good fit for Bomex, I haven't been too impressed with their fitting in the past with other cars. not sure why you would have had any major problems? I did have to take the standard black trim off first that runs along the bottom of the car, but thats common sense. Did the fella who tried yours do that?

Andy

im pretty sure he did, he's been doing it for years, but he is a grumpy old git, maybe he was making a fuss....the ones I had were a funny shape, kind of distorted/twisted in the middle, so when you offered up one side and clicked into place the other end would kick out, so if I had fitted it they would have been under so much trension they would have cracked within a month!!, I am having a bit of bad luck at the moment with kits :(

Hey Tom,

Thanks a lot, mate! Im picking up a Bomex front end from Paul (Miami GT) this week. Before it even goes near the car though, its going to get my fibreglass treatment for a few alterations! Got all my little plans already laid out (sad, eh??). Really excited about it all coming together now. For information, I have got a set of Do Luck rear spats in the post too. Should all compliment each other nicely I think.

Andy

Well, it should all be finished (in it's white stage) by the first week or two in February.

The full colour change and new wheels (so if anyone fancies my 18"s, let me know!) will probably be by the end of March so she's all nice and fresh for show season.

And yes, she will be super smoove! So, the spoiler, door handles, rear wiper, petrol filler cap and electric aerial will all be handed their eviction notice very soon!

Andy

Hi,

Those skirts look really good.. was thinking of ones like those ones for mine (and mine also being white, it gives me a good idea on how it would look!) .. good luck with the rest of your work on it..

may be interested in the wheels off you.. give me a shout (pm) nearer the time..

May see you around as we are quite local!

good luck..

Lot of white Supe interest in this thread Andy, you've got us all excited now! I like those skirts, though I'm thinking of going with the Veilside skirts and spats with a Bomex front. How do you actually fit the skirts mate, is it a case of unscrew the black bits (white on mine:D ) pop them on and screw into place, or do you use adhesive or what? My brother had to chop bits off and sand stuff down on his last body kit purchase!

Looking good mate, WHITE SUPES RULE! :ecstatic:

Thanks a lot, all. Hmm, well it will stay white for a little while!.....

As for fixing the skirts, they are just screwed on at the moment. I will Sikaflex them on eventually, but I was just desperate to get them on and show them off! Sad, eh?? Waiting for the rest of the kit before I start to bond them on properly.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

More new bits have arrived this week! Got spats to fit at the weekend. This should give you an idea of what they look like though, courtesy of my expert fitter?!? :sos:

AND my nice new shiny wheels arrived at lunchtime, so they were on by, well, 12.15!!!:ecstatic:

Anyway, heres a couple of pics to show how my project is coming along.

Andy

Very nice update Andy - well on your way down the slippery slope then! Classy new wheels too.

There's something wrong with that spat though, there's a kid attached to it. :hide:

Hope to see it on the road sometime dude - funny how I drive everyday and never see anyone else in London!

B