The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just new to the supra scene

Guest strapper

Guest strapper

Hi folks I'm just new on here as of today! I am currently a celica gt4 owner but hoping to make the change up to a tt supra.

Just a couple of questions about the car, Whats the differance with supra's with the air intake on the bonnet and ones without? Also when I get the beast I would really like a set of Blitz Technospeed Z1 alloys what sizes should I be looking at to fill the cars fat wheel arches?

Guest strapper

Thanks guys, so is it all uk models that come with the scoops?

Also what is the best exhaust to go for? Would like one that sounds like a f***ing earthquake!

Welcome mate!

My Apexi GT spec exhaust is rather loud - especially with no cats. It hits a nice deep note in 4th gear at approx 3000rpm that you can feel in your chest cavity! I think it vibrates my internal organs - can't see that doing me too much good but who cares eh! When I take my dog out in the Soop, she just sits in the back with a rather confused expression on her face and her ears down! My Mrs does too... :rolleyes:

Paul

hi strapper... seen your post on the GT4OC website.

You get similar gains on a j-spec as you do with a UK-spec with an exhaust change... exhaust change usually means you take out both the CATs. UK-specs with their stronger wastegates contain any boost creep... but on a j-spec you'll need to fit a restrictor ring to the exhaust to keep boost levels safe.

Also stick with the original air-box filter.... the stock unit is very efficieant and doesn't draw in any hot engine bay heat. I tried removing the air-box on mine and although it sounds a little better via an audible induction noise I noticed the car wasn't accelerating any quicker after a while... especially if you've been going slow for any period and you have a big build up of heat under the bonnet.

Aftermarket filters only really work well if they've got ducting feeding them nice cold air and the hot engine bay heat has been blocked off to an extent.

I don't think you can put a definative bhp increase figure on full exhaust system as it depends on air temp, fuel RON value etc. etc. But it is very noticable once it is done.