The mkiv Supra Owners Club

haven't a clue....

markymark

just bought my first supra today.... very very happy with the car - just a few stupid questions! took it down to fill the tank, thinking i looked the dogs bollocks in my car, then couldn't find the pull catch for the petrol cap! had to drive out with my tail between my legs & go figure it out then drive back in looking like the ultimate twat! just a couple of stupid questions - what are the dials in the offside front pillar for - does anyone know how to replace the bulbs (one is gone) plus there is a weird looking red tube down the passenger side - asked the chinese takeaway if he spoke japanese but all he could tell me was when it was out of date???!!! guess its some sort of light/torch, but looks like a flare with the flammable sign on it?? good to see so many people using this site - hopefully in a few months i'll be abit more clued up on the car (with abit of help) cheers mark :drown: :ecstatic:

The fuel catch its just at the front of the drivers seat on the right hand side along with the boot latch, on the floor. if you have dials in the pillar, they arnt factory, likeyhood is they are boost gauge (if its a turbo), and something else, oil pressure or temp or something similar. Also, it will be a flare (the red tube)

:welcome: Ok, lets see...

If you've got dials in the A pillar they're not standard, they are aftermarket, so they could be anything, most likely boost and oil pressure or temp. The flare like thing is indeed a flare! Japanese use them sort of instead of a warning triangle. Normally they get taken off before the car gets shipped over here and you're just left with a couple of clips which everyone asks about!

cheers for the answers..ok, better not light my fag anywhere near that flare!??! glad i asked now! i did finally find the pull catch under the front seat, after about 20 minutes of looking!! just figuring out the dials & shit now - probably will be back tomorrow with another catalogue of questions - cheers :respekt: