The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Change Or Keep??

terribleturner

Change the body or keep it as it is??  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Change the body or keep it as it is??

• No, leave it as it looks.
    • Yes, Change it all back to stock.
    • Yes, change a few bits back to stock/other. (commets below)

I know a local garage who have a 6 speed J-spec they've had sat in their showroom for over a year now with no takers. I think one of the main problems with the sale of the car is the owner doesn't really know what it's got under the hood, but i also feel that it has aftermarket bumper, bonnet and F&F wing, not to mention the alloys that stop people being interested in it. Would you think that this 93 with about 80K miles would sell if it wasn't for the kit?? It's running BPU i recon, possibly a bit more. What sort of price do you think it should be up for??

sup.JPG

Mismatched coloured wheel don't help.

Take off the wing, possibly bonnet (I'm sure someone would swap on here).

I'd leave the bumper as it's not too in your face.

However that will cost the garage a pretty penny and I don't imagine they'd want the hassle. I'd offer them trade prices for them to shift it 6k?

Yes...I know you lot think it's worth more, but to the trade it's not. so play the trade game. Jurgen is probably best for advice on that side of things though.

As with all modified cars with question marks on spec - be careful!

if it was mine 1994 80000 miles and was mint £9500-10000 if its poor this deopends how bad it is.

in standard trim you should get at least 8500 plus if its mint

You surprise me, I guess these would be your sell out prices though.

[edit] seen you second comment ;)

Hi James.

My j-spec 6 speed, with bodykit, 18"s, running 1 bar, re-trimmed leather, 80K on the clock too, cost me £9200 over a year ago (Private sale). As you know prices have fallen since. It too used to have a spoiler like that! I do think their asking price is way too much.

Ro

no probs pete its hard to price other cars as sometimes you dont know what they have bought am basing the car as been pretty much immac condition for their age.

Indeed. The quality you'd bring in would be very different to what other unscrupulous dealers would accept.

I reckon 8.5-9K for it tops. Wheels should be £30-80 to refurbish/recolour depending on who you go to.

James, have you driven the manual? You can drive mines next time we meet as you may feel changing the car is not worth doing just cos it's a manual. (Then again you might!)

well if car was mint with 80000 miles in present condition but with odd wheels i reckon 8k max gives you money to sort whhels out, why does it have odd wheels? thats what u need to ask yourself if it was chersihed it should have the same alloys me thinks.

it all depends on condition but i reckon 8k is fair price if its all good, as it has slgihty higher milege, odd wheels etc etc and if its in poor condition i wouldnt even payless ie unless you get it for 5k-5500k as pete said this enables new wheels, spray job and sort of mechanical porblems if any ? then u may as well buy yourself a minter for 9k as there are plenty on the board for sale, i would buy garetheves if ur looking for nice car .

i've always wondered wether to go see this car, but knowing its been there for a long time (probably since i bought my white one) just kinda put me off abit. james let me know your oppinion. pm me about it. gonna wait till my bro gets back from holiday to start searching for cars again.

i remember calling a black supe, asked to go see it and they said its not starting. water flooded the engine over nite when it rain (bonnet up) or something stupid like that. dont remember if it was this car though.