The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting FMIC Cover?

Scoboblio

Pull the rubber seal off the top of the bumper (it is at the top / front of the bumper )it hides some some plastic screws.

Undo these and pull the plastic bar that runs along side the bumper off.

Fit the fmic cover, then refit the plastic bar and screws and push the rebber seal back in to place.

If you need to lower the horn get 1 of those L shaped brackets from focus and mount the horn to that then reattch it to its mounting point that should give you the clearance.

Thats how i fitted mine.

From memory mate (with colsoops's included)

1. Unbolt the horn (10mm) and undo nut

2. Take the horn bracket and bend to approx 90 degrees and refit horn later to a lower and existing hole / nut

3. Undo the nuts holding the overflow tank and lift it up about 15 mm until out of it's 'cradle' (may be stiff!)

4. Drop this down until it is resting approx 15 mm lower on the top of the ali bar - either a. secure this tightly or b. leave it here as will be secure anyway

5.Pull the rubber seal off the top of the bumper (it is at the top / front of the bumper )it hides some some plastic screws.

6. Undo these and pull the plastic bar that runs along side the bumper off.

7. Undo the bolts holding the lights on top of cover

8. Fit the fmic cover, then refit the plastic bar and screws and push the rebber seal back in to place.

Good one!

The horn can be removed and be positioned a bit lower using a hole already there (just need a bolt and nut to secure (M5)).

The Plastic screws under the rubber strip are a pain to remove. I found that I had to cut them out as they wouldn't unscrew. I got hold of new plastic screws form Toyota