The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car steaming up!

ADD

Mine steams up ocassionally but doesn't sound like it's as bad. No idea what's causing it, have you got the air on recirc? apparantly this is a bad idea as the already moist air gets blasted straight back onto the windows again - make sure you've got it set to pull in air from outside, and if possible switch on the aircon too to dry it out.

Our steams up lot of the time (no jokes please).

Keep our a/c on most of the time and this clears it fine but don't like keeping it on as the idle sounds crap as it cuts in and out.

Seems to be geting worse over the years - not a clue why - anybody ????

i think youll find this is a common problem , mine is like it all the time in this weather , air con clears it but is a pita , turn the ac off and back it comes .

also loads of condensation , the front and rear screens are soaking wet inside most of the time , but its been like this ever sinse ive had the car , maybe the rubber seals arnt what they used to be , after all it is pushing eleven years old

Our steams up lot of the time (no jokes please).

Keep our a/c on most of the time and this clears it fine but don't like keeping it on as the idle sounds crap as it cuts in and out.

Seems to be geting worse over the years - not a clue why - anybody ????

im getting this cut in/out problem as well. is mega annoying. would be intrested to see if anyone knows why.

my car does steam up, but like the others, put the aircon on and it sorts it out in a minute...

i think youll find this is a common problem , mine is like it all the time in this weather , air con clears it but is a pita , turn the ac off and back it comes .

also loads of condensation , the front and rear screens are soaking wet inside most of the time , but its been like this ever sinse ive had the car , maybe the rubber seals arnt what they used to be , after all it is pushing eleven years old

Mine does this as well, and I am sure its because the rubber seals and not as effective as they once were. Its the air con button to clear for me as well

The cutting in / out is simply the compressor switching on and off I believe, causing a slight drain on the power, hence the revs rise to keep the engine running.

Happened on every car I've owned with A/C, but only really noticable on the supra because the nurspec makes it soooo much louder :)

my windows steam up but thats cause my air con is not working :cry:

thats the only thing that i loved about my ford was the electric front wind screen i think all cars should get this quicker than a/c as had loads of cars with a/c and i love it but the ford elec front windsreen tops it for de misting

i nearly always have my HRW on cause it is constantly steaming up! but i think that caus eive got a bad rust patch on ther rear boot!

i hate puting the air con on too much cause it screws the mpg up!!! (doesnt it??) i know i know im tight!

Commonest causes are heater set to recirculate, so the water vapours build up and the air is unchanged in the cabin, or a leaking heater matrix, do you lose ANY coolant at all, or notice a slghtly sweet and sickly smell in the cabin, especially when giving the engine some stick? The sickly smell is the antifreeze, (unless it's marijuana, but that's a totally different subject :))