The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to transform your whale of a supra into a jap supercar!!!

Supradan

Have had my supra for about 4 mths and i was very dissapointed in the performance so much so i was contemplating trading it in for an mr2 turbo.

Got so pissed off with it today as it seemed to be getting worse that i spent about 20mins with my head under the bonnet and guess what i found..........

The bloody throttle cable adj nut was working its way back down the thread .......ever since i have had car i cant of ever had more than 2/3 throttle its now down to half!!!!! so i tightened nut up and dabbed a bit of loctite on thread took the car out for a spin ......WOW now i know why you guys love em so much

what a difference its responsive its fast and i am now very happy so happy in fact i am gonna reward myself by getting it fully de catted lol:ecstatic:

LMAO, good man, ask on here about decatting and you'll see I wasn't winding you up on the MR2OC.

Hi todd

Yea am chuffed with it now but you can imagine why i wanted to trade it in lol

Have got a price of 280 for both de cats from cw so cheque will no doubt be in the post to him soon just gotta persuade the missus :sly:

can be done at home, in theory it's just a few bolts but the end by the turbo can suffer from studs that snap off - doh, I prayed when they did mine and they were ok.

You could just ask a local garage to do it, mine charged me £50 for the whole fitting and TBH it was worth that not to crawl around on the floor under axle stands.

This is one job a local garage can do (if they are any good at all) - no special knowledge needed.

It will transform the car :D