The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oxegen senser

gaz1

Ro how and where regurding fitting?? I think i need to do this and i gues i could get the old CD manual out but i'm at work and havn't got it :D

some info and pics here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=52906&

How to change:

"My fuel economy was stupid. From the experience with my car, I would definitely recommend changing the o2 sensor then checking the Air Fuel Ratio. I love my car even more now that it is MUCH more economical and slightly smoother. I've had my AFR's checked before with the old o2 sensor and the economy was still terrible.

You may want to check things like sparkplugs first - if they are dodgy

Replacing the sensor is very easy. On my Jap pre-VVTI it's located just below the turbo on the downpipe.

Partnumber is (Oxy sensor) T89465-19635. £105.05 +VAT The sensor comes with the lead attached and a new gasket.

Note: Partnumber is different to the original that was in there. Maybe it's a revision to the original and better???

New bolts (reccomended) T90179-08059. 79p (2 needed)

It may be easier if you take off the first/top Intercooler pipe and air intake pipe off.

There are 2 12mm(?) nuts holding it on. Slight pain to get to - bit of soaking in wd40 makes it easier to get them off. There are two push fit studs that clips the lead in place.

The one nearest to the turbo is easy to take out - pair of pliers to squeeze the prong. The other one is a bit of a PITA as you can't access the prongs of the studs. You may want to cut out/drill the stud if you want to re-use the hole. Or cut the plastic top bit to release the cable. The end of this cable is push fit fitting which attaches to the lead that goes to the ECU directly I think (??) Just disconnect this, near the actuator/fan.

To fit the new sensor, just reverse the process. It's probably worth re-setting the ECU. Have the AFR's checked on a Dyno"