The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clifford Alarm Fault

Wolf

My alarm has gone off for no reason the last two nights and each time I turn it off with the plip it starts again for 4 or 5 times then stays off.

I checked the car thoroughly this morning and whilst it gave me the usual extra beeps to show the alarm had gone off I also noticed that the dash led that normally flashes slowly is now flashing very fast - permanantly. (As in I've driven the car, set the alarm several times and it still flashes really fast every time the alarm is set)

I don't have a manual so does anyone know what this means and how to fix it??

Thanks

Pete

I can look at my manual later when I get home if this helps? I've got an Intelliguard 950. What model is yours?

I'll see if there are any references in the troubleshooting section that match up with the symptoms you describe and let you know!

Hopefully Mr Harwood will spot this thread and know what's wrong with it for you!

Later mate

Paul

hi mate, i had the same problem at some stage when i had a clifford 650 on my glanza,

the loom for one of the sensors, or through to the engine bay is your problem, i had mine professionally intalled, so i took it back to the fitter

basically one of the wires had rubbed against the body, the problem area was the loom that goes through the firewall to the siren stuff under the bonnet, the wire had fraid and was earthed by this, causing the alarm to randomly go off,

basically the installer didnt but a rubber gromet where the loom goes through to where he had cut the hole,

if you had it installed professionally, than take it back, if You have done it yourself, then check the wires

hope this helps

si

Paul , Si

Thanks guys - I've checked the loom and it's all intact as far as I can tell - there is a gromit through the fire wall

Paul - would apreciate it mate - mine is a 300 with Intellistart so the receipt says (installed by Matt B when he owned the car)

Hi Pete,

All modern Cliffords have a diagnostic function. Initially, after the alarm has gone off, when you disarm the alarm, then turn on the ignition, the LED will begine to flash a number of times to indicate what triggered it. It will repeat this 'flash code' 5 times.

You can recall the last 8 triggers by pressing and holding the 'star' side of the valet switch whilst arming, then immediatly disarming the alarm. The LED will then start to flash a series of flashes to indicate the most recent triggers. (starting with most recent first).

If you still have your manual to hand you can refer to that to see what each number of flashes equates to. I will post up a list for reference later.

If you want to give me a call after lunchtime, (I'm out for the next few hours), I'm more than happy to see if I can help more.

Good luck! :)