The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello guys, newbie introduction and photos of my old Impreza :)

CapMan

Not sure if this is the right section to put this topic in since its not about a Supra, but here goes, lol.

I bought this car as i had always wanted an Impreza and i was finally in a position to buy, insure and run it.

It was a UK Turbo, so pretty much the slowest Impreza Turbo available, but it had plenty of power for me, a bit too much perhaps as back in July i had a serious accident in the early hours when somehow the car left the road and hit a telegraph pole. I remember nothing about the accident, in fact my memory from a few weeks before and a couple of weeks after is very hazy. This is because my head went through the drivers side window and i suffered bad head injuries. However the most severe injuries i suffered were my legs which had been crushed by the engine getting pushed back into them.

The roof had to be cut off by the fire brigade to get me out of the car and i was in intensive care for over a week after undergoing 18 hours of surgery. Unfortunately my left leg was so badly damaged, it had to be amputated below the knee :cry: I was in hospital for 5 months continously, out just in time for Xmas which was good. I have to have a further amputation on my right leg as its not working out with the prostheses i have fitted. I was however lucky that my left leg didn't have to be amputated as it was in a bad way too, but the surgeon did a good job on fixing it up. I also have metal nails running throw every main leg bone as they were all broken.:faint:

All in all, i'm thankful i'm alive and all my friends and family have really supported me through the whole thing. :woot:

Another good thing (?) to come out of the accident is the fact that i can only drive an automatic car which has seen me decide on a Supra once i have had my next operation.:ecstatic:

Anyway, heres a few photis of my old Impreza, i loved this car and spent many many hours making sure it always looked its best :thumbs: Unfortunately i only had it insured TPFT so it was a total loss after the accident.

The car was completely standard, even had the original Subaru stereo, and it ran like a dream, never had a problem with it in the short time i had it.

Pics :

Sorry for the long post guys!

Jeez sounds like you've had a bad time - never I nice story to hear. :(

Was the accident sillyness on your part or were there other factors? You need to treat the supe with utmost care and attention at all times!!! It'll rip you in half without a second thought!! (thankfully it's also pretty sturdy so most accidents we see don't see many horrific injuries).

Good to see you're on the mend and haven't had your 'fast car' bug removed by your misfortune. :D

Oh and make sure you keep us informed of your progress.

Cheers guys, i have only driven once since the accident but that was only in the hospital car park to test out the adapyions that i will need on my next car. But its definitely not put me off driving, if anything its just made me realise that no matter how many times you tell yourself 'It'll never happen to me', it really can. :)

Was the accident sillyness on your part or were there other factors? You need to treat the supe with utmost care and attention at all times!!! It'll rip you in half without a second thought!! (thankfully it's also pretty sturdy so most accidents we see don't see many horrific injuries).

I remember absolutely nothing about the accident, so can't say if it was my sillyness as you put it, lol. There was a witness who gave a statement to the police, and he said that i overtook him when he was doing 50mph and i was accelerating hard past him. It happened on a coner on a stretch of road know as the 'Devil's Elbow' due to the amount of accidents that have happened there. Its quite possible that i lost contol at this corner due to excess speed, but like i said, i remeber nothing.:help:

I'll certainly be taking it easy in te Supra if/when i get one, i was always a careful driver and my cars are akways treated with respect. :)

Hey, welcome to the forum.

Thats a bit of an eye-opener for all of us here...so thx for sharing that with us...hope you are feeling much better now and even better once you step into an Auto Supra....Mind you....the SUPRA can bite back in a bad way (some stories about the AUTO box selecting gears during bends as well) so you really need to take it easy with these.

Thanks guys, i'm enjoying the forum and reading though a lot of the topics to get a good idea about Supras :)

@ IMI, it certainly was an eye-opener and would not wish it to happen to anyone. I'm justglad no-one esle was injured or in the car with me as i don't think i could live with myself if there had if been. I am feeling a lot better now but have to haver a further amputation on my right leg, through the knee since they can't amputate above it due to the massive nail through the bone from my hip to my knee. :(

Everyone take it easy out on the roads, i was always the first to say 'it'll never happen to me' but if course it did.

yeah it was pretty bad, losing my leg took a while for me to come to terms with. I'm still on about 12 tablets a day as well to kill the pain. :(

And no need to worry about the Supra (or me!), there will be no way i would even put myself in a postion that i would risk being involved in an accident. Learning a hard lesson is definitely an understatement...

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to you that’s terrible!

I know what’s its like to be in hospital and have to undergo operations, what I went through last year wasn’t a patch on what happened to you and not due to an accident but it was still terrible and the constant pain isn’t nice to live with.

I'm glad you’re still really positive it really shows how dangerous cars and speed can be.

Good luck with the recovery, I wish you all the best.

Yes mate, hospital can really do your head in as you will know yourself, but i got used to it after the first couple of months.

Being positive is the only way i canb see to be, it would be all too easy to rot away and feel sorry for myself, but life goes on and i'm lucky to have that life. All my frinds and in particular a lot of guys/girls who use my local car forums kept my spirits up and helped me no end. :D

In all, 2005 has to be the worst ever year i've had and i'm glad to see the back of it. A few months before the accident, my girlfriend at the time lost our baby and it really affected me. :'(

But its a new year and it couldnt be anyway as bad as the last, i'm looking forward to getting a Supra so i have something to spend my time and money on :D