The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Somethings gotta give....

garetheves

Unfortunately the day has come where I need to sell my beloved Supra. Just recently bought my first house with the girlfriend and although I can afford both the car and the house, it doesn’t leave me much at the end of month to play with. And needless to say food, water, and warmth are kind of essential and a holiday once in a while would be nice. Also the opportunity has come to buy another house as an investment so unfortunately the car loan and large insurance payments need to make way for a period to free up some spare cash each month. Ill be absolutely gutted when she goes as I have loved every minute of owning her but don’t worry, once the loan is out of the way I’m starting saving and will hopefully own another by the time I’m 25 (a year and a half or so away).

Obviously I want to advertise it on here but must admit I have been put off recently because, reading other peoples adverts, there have been an awful lot of negative comments from other members regarding the price and in fact the car. This could put off potential buyers and the way the market is at the minute you don’t really want to put people off. Besides I’m aware of the good and bad points of my car and the price I’m asking for may well be a little expensive the way the market is at the moment so I don’t need people pointing it out to me. Will probably still put an advert up so that its there but if people could keep all but positive comments to themselves it may help the sale. I’m sure I’m not the first to notice this and I don’t feel it is within keeping with the club spirit. At the end of the day we are all enthusiasts about these cars and it’s hard enough for me to have to sell it without everyone criticising me and it.

Anyway rant over, the link to the ad is below, all POSITIVE comments welcome and please pass the word on to anyone you know who may be interested. I’m still gonna hang around here (if that’s ok) when it goes because I have a lifer membership and ill be keeping my eyes open for another in a year or so.

Thanks for reading.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=668797#post668797

Guest Flat4_ire
Unfortunately the day has come where I need to sell my beloved Supra. Just recently bought my first house with the girlfriend and although I can afford both the car and the house, it doesn’t leave me much at the end of month to play with. And needless to say food, water, and warmth are kind of essential and a holiday once in a while would be nice. Also the opportunity has come to buy another house as an investment so unfortunately the car loan and large insurance payments need to make way for a period to free up some spare cash each month. Ill be absolutely gutted when she goes as I have loved every minute of owning her but don’t worry, once the loan is out of the way I’m starting saving and will hopefully own another by the time I’m 25 (a year and a half or so away).

Obviously I want to advertise it on here but must admit I have been put off recently because, reading other peoples adverts, there have been an awful lot of negative comments from other members regarding the price and in fact the car. This could put off potential buyers and the way the market is at the minute you don’t really want to put people off. Besides I’m aware of the good and bad points of my car and the price I’m asking for may well be a little expensive the way the market is at the moment so I don’t need people pointing it out to me. Will probably still put an advert up so that its there but if people could keep all but positive comments to themselves it may help the sale. I’m sure I’m not the first to notice this and I don’t feel it is within keeping with the club spirit. At the end of the day we are all enthusiasts about these cars and it’s hard enough for me to have to sell it without everyone criticising me and it.

Anyway rant over, the link to the ad is below, all POSITIVE comments welcome and please pass the word on to anyone you know who may be interested. I’m still gonna hang around here (if that’s ok) when it goes because I have a lifer membership and ill be keeping my eyes open for another in a year or so.

Thanks for reading.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=668797#post668797

nice clean car, good luck with the sale man ;)

Bummer dude, I'm gonna be in the same situation. Currently looking for a house, just been accepted for a very good mortgage ammount so will probably get a house we can't afford as well!!

Both me and the lady want to keep the car, but I just know that eventually it will have to go, it's a sad thought.

Hope the sale goes well and you get what you want for it, if you wait a couple of months you could get more I'm betting, it still being winter is not good for cars like this to sell.

So you're still going to stick with the club then?

To this day I wish I had gone for a supra. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :stickpoke

Oh yeah paid my lifer membership just before xmas. Think as soon as ive got a bit of money together im gonna get Jurgen to import me another, unless the right UK spec comes along. With the imports takinig a few months to get over here it should give me plenty of time to save some money up.

Yes you really should have got a supra.

sad day matey, i've tried talking you out of it before & i'll continue to ;)

holds sentimental value your car, it's the one that made me buy mine!!

Lol, i hope it has a similar effect on a few people in the coming months and they buy it. Fingers crossed. The sooner i can sell it the sooner i can pay off the loan and start saving for another.

I bought a car for the Mrs recently on EBay and the guy had actually put what the reserve was in the ad. I thought it was a good idea as I knew more or less what he wanted for the car so didnt end up wasting my time or his.