The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra registered as an Avensis

rpslaughter1982

Anyone with any knowledge. I'm looking at buying a supra and have done some checks on it's registration. It comes back to a 3ltr twin turbo Toyota Avensis. Do you think this is just an error or is a scam hidden? I've phoned the owner who said it was just an error and that it would be changed when I got the car. Its been in the country since the summer.

Anyone with any knowledge. I'm looking at buying a supra and have done some checks on it's registration. It comes back to a 3ltr twin turbo Toyota Avensis. Do you think this is just an error or is a scam hidden? I've phoned the owner who said it was just an error and that it would be changed when I got the car. Its been in the country since the summer.

Hope you got someone else to check on the box for you! :whistle:

Hope you got someone else to check on the box for you! :whistle:

shhhh!

Thanks for the replies, the full VCS check will be done 2moro, fingers crossed. Only other worrying thing is he's put the price up £700 since I said I was going to get the check done. He hasn't told me personally but checking on the website its gone up. He better not be playing me :complain:

shhhh!

Thanks for the replies, the full VCS check will be done 2moro, fingers crossed. Only other worrying thing is he's put the price up £700 since I said I was going to get the check done. He hasn't told me personally but checking on the website its gone up. He better not be playing me :complain:

Talk to Jurgen and see what he can get you for the same money - maybe a bit of a wait but you never know he could do a lot better - and there are some very good examples around - like mine and Rob sheffield's

Why will it be changed when YOU get the car...shouldnt it be changed BEFORE..

shhhh!

and youre still going ahead with this...personally I would confirm whether the seller is indeed messing around with the price...if he is...then ....walk away.

Think the wrong name is quite common.. when i bought my car i was talking to the dealer who was going to call me when the paper work was sorted by the dvla (for the reg due to insurance etc) and he mentioned he normally had to call them or put a note in the paperwork as he had had a few supras come back with the wrong model or model type on them in some way..

He had even had a supra estate before?!?!?!?!