The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a quandry

dark stranger

as satisfying as it would be to complete such a project i'm afraid to see you're probably MUCH better off just selling up and going for a TT.

you'll probably only need to put in an extra ~£4k to get yourself a decent TT which in the end will have more potential than an N/A-T conversion.

yep, i totally agree mate. unfortunately there's no telling when those babies will go as the more owners the car has had there's even less knowledge about how the car has previously been treated (members cars excluded to a certain degree of course).

personally i don't earn enough money to pay for the extra oil changes and the possibility of the turbos failing so i'm stuck with my N/A.

i wish there was actually no difference at all as i would have had a TT by now for sure!

I understand the NA-T if you have a 350z or a Monaro.

You've got a new car, so spending(say) £5K is not a massive percentage of it's value.

Plus there is no factory turbo version of your car.

Now why on earth would someone convert a NA supra to a turbo, beats the hell out of me...

yep, i totally agree mate. unfortunately there's no telling when those babies will go as the more owners the car has had there's even less knowledge about how the car has previously been treated (members cars excluded to a certain degree of course).

Very True

personally i don't earn enough money to pay for the extra oil changes and the possibility of the turbos failing so i'm stuck with my N/A.

I have'nt bugeted for the possibility of them going, its still stock and will stay stock until I have enough money to pay for rebuilds etc, I did toy with the idea of an N/A and nearly got one, but thought sod it at the end of the day your only live one life so go for it.

Oil changes will be at similar intervals for both, both blocks require a good 10w40 synthetic regardless of turbos etc

i wish there was actually no difference at all as i would have had a TT by now for sure!

Im not a speed freak as such so I would be happy with either, but at the time just went for a TT....spare of the moment thing

in time I may even sell and go for an N/A

yup, just costs too much for not enough gain for NA-T.

It's either N/A for the looks or if you need the power and can afford the bills IF it goes wrong then get a TT. Simple as that.

My cost arguement is more than just an opinion, it's my current situation as well. I would LOVE a TT but just can't afford the extra initial outlay as well as not being able to fix it if the tubbies went.