The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im buying a TT supra!! Advice...tuning costs please!

and1c

Im just in the process of buying a TT supra and Im seeking some experienced advice on the best year to buy if there is one?? if so why!

I'm currently very interested in 1996 Toyota Supra RZ TT...Is this a decent choice to make?

Also,is there any good places for tuning these cars near Sheffield?

I will be doing the vast majority of work myself as I have done a good amount of car tuning and engine building in the past but an expert on this type of car in the local vicinity would be very useful indeed!!

All advice greatly appreciated!

Also, are these cars still very stealable?? I didnt think they would be as they are getting older nowadays but I have just seen the post about the poor guy who had his new supra stolen :cry:

I can feel mutiple security measures coming on :cool:

Im just in the process of buying a TT supra and Im seeking some experienced advice on the best year to buy if there is one?? if so why!

I'm currently very interested in 1996 Toyota Supra RZ TT...Is this a decent choice to make?

Also,is there any good places for tuning these cars near Sheffield?

I will be doing the vast majority of work myself as I have done a good amount of car tuning and engine building in the past but an expert on this type of car in the local vicinity would be very useful indeed!!

All advice greatly appreciated!

Also, are these cars still very stealable?? I didnt think they would be as they are getting older nowadays but I have just seen the post about the poor guy who had his new supra stolen :cry:

I can feel mutiple security measures coming on :cool:

You may find you get asked to fit a tracker....not cause they get nicked often but because the insurance companies are arseholes :)

Thatcham Cat 1 is a must, and I'd advise a disklock too for a visual deterrent.

The 1996 RZ Facelift is the pick of the bunch for me (P reg). Don't pay too much though - check with us first cause they shouldn't fetch more than 12k now.

Wow :p

Thanks guys....I love this forum already :D

Some really insightful information there thanks..

My budget is £10-15k +/- a bit depending on the car.

I would prefer it if the car has had some valuable/useful modifications done already....so a single turbo Jap import manual would be perfect :looney:

have searched the forum and read the excellent FAQs / docs on the home page of this site...so will try and keep questions useful!!

Which transmission is best for 1/4 mileing as I will be doing the odd weekend as well as road use.... the manual or auto out of interest? and can either of them take more power than the other?

Reason I ask is the americans seem to get staggering power out of these cars sometimes with a stock transmission and I am keen to know your experiences....

Cheers Jurgen...will pm you mate

The auto is easiest to 1/4 mile.

The autobox in stock form will handle 600bhp...but you'd need a higher stall torque converter to get the 600BHP going.

The manual will handle 1400RWHP but the clutch wont.

Where were you 3months ago when I was selling my facelift VVTi 6-speed Single!!!!!!

The auto is easiest to 1/4 mile.

The autobox in stock form will handle 600bhp...but you'd need a higher stall torque converter to get the 600BHP going.

The manual will handle 1400RWHP but the clutch wont.

Aahh..great stuff thanks. That seals my decision for a manual pretty much! That said, is it common that people drop out the auto box and replace it with a manual?? Any articles on this?

Where were you 3months ago when I was selling my facelift VVTi 6-speed Single!!!!!!

Awww....typical!!