The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Duffers leaves his petrol cap at Shell...

Duffers

Hi All

Yes! Due to the fact that the twist-lock petrol cap comes off the car and doesn't dangle on a piece of rubber like my Golf, I've rather stupidly left it on top of one of the pumps at the petrol station. I went back and it was gone! Gutted! I got a temp "Chav" plastic one for the time being. Are these twist-lock caps the same as the UK spec? Should just be able to purchase one from Mr.T then? Anyone any ideas?

Ta!

Paul (pi55ed off and soaked this morning!)

I did this once in my old Nova (many years ago).

I then proceeded to go through a car wash. It didn't have a fuel flap either. :eek:

Luckily it was still there when I went back the day after.

I also left a lovely metal Aero cap from the kitcar on the back of the kit instead of refitting it. Needless to say it didn't stay there long and fuel dribbled out everywhere shattering one of my brake lenses (fuel and plastic don't mix) :(

That cost £20 for a light and £40 for a new complete aero cap and surround.

If he actually has a cover hanging bit (haven't we just been having this conversation in the rest of the thread?!).

I suspect it's something that was added at facelift time. VVTi's have them, Duffer's and my pre-facelifts don't. Wow, I wonder if anyone had spotted THAT facelift difference before now?! :)

mine has one. but the caps falls out from time to time! lol

also had a similar prob as Guru, but mine was the other way round! the MG has a key cap, but when its frozen over night, you cant get the bloody key in the lock, and you look a complete d!ck standing in the forcourt vigerously rubbing the cap to warm it up!

If he actually has a cover hanging bit (haven't we just been having this conversation in the rest of the thread?!).

I suspect it's something that was added at facelift time. VVTi's have them, Duffer's and my pre-facelifts don't. Wow, I wonder if anyone had spotted THAT facelift difference before now?! :)

I did...but never mentioned it...it's actually facelift on 1996.4+

did you go in to the garage and ask at the till if anyone had picked it up, like the guy that mops the pumps?? i did it on my civic and they kept hold of it behind the till for a few days. i didnt even realise id left it till i went to fill up again!