The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lancaster Insurance

Nick1980

I know SupRo amongst others has posted about getting a quote from lancaster, and it was generally recommended that Jessica was the girl to speak to, so I did. Just thought I'd share with you all.....

Well, basically, I'd recommend any one with a supra to give her a call when your insurance is due. I was quoted £695 for a 1993 BPU, all mods declared (EBC, FMIC etc) :ecstatic: All I can say is that's much less than any other quote I've had, even for a NA! (BTW I'm 25, full NCD, slightly dodgy postcode). Policy seems really good too, with breakdown cover, agreed value etc.

You must speak to Jessica though - she'll really try to help you as much as she can and is possibly the most helpful person I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with on the end of a phone. She sounds lovely too......:blush: (and I'm not just saying that cos she said she might check this site out :p)

In fact, I might start a Jessica fan club! :love:

Who wants to join?

1. Nick1980

Good stuff Nick, Does that mean you've bought that Supra?

It's best to ring all the mentioned insurers as it does boil down to personal circumstances. Eg some people won't be insured if they have EBC with Lancaster, others will!!

Lancaster are good but it's not neccessarily because of their 'Classic car' policy. I'm on a normal policy.

Ro

Ooops, should've posted a link really!

Lancaster

No direct number I'm afraid, you just gotta ask for her when you phone, but she'll phone you back if she's busy - saves on your phone bill too!

Don't let them try to fob you off and say she's too busy or they can help - she's always there and she'll even phone you back after her shift ends :respekt:

Good stuff Nick, Does that mean you've bought that Supra?

That was what the quote was for Ro, but unfortunately there were a couple of cash issues and it didn't quite happen this time :cry:

When I do get my supe I'll certainly be going with them though.

Duffers - not sure on that one actually mate. I gotta give her a call tomorrow so I'll investigate!

With all insurance quotations ask what features you want e.g protected ncb/agreed value. Only take out the policy when you have received the quotation document with the policy features, mods, exact car spec inc stating it's import (if thats the case) and your correct personal and driving history details. That way they can't shaft you after you have taken out the policy and sting you to make ammedments (£££)

Wise words Master Ro!

At the end of the day, they are out to make money like any business and they'll do what they can to either make more from you or withhold it from you when you want to claim!

Paul

Absolutely Paul, the most common trick is they put your car spec down or miss mods therfore offering you a good Quote. You then take out the quote and discover the mistake. You call them up and they say 'Well sir, that'll be an additional...£... By this time you have no proof you stated it already.

Has happened to me on another car. They put it down as a carb model rather than injection.:violin:

Ro

Absolutely Paul, the most common trick is they put your car spec down or miss mods therfore offering you a good Quote. You then take out the quote and discover the mistake. You call them up and they say 'Well sir, that'll be an additional...£... By this time you have no proof you stated it already.

Jessica would never do anything like that :nyah:

Definitely would take your advice about getting everything in writing before comitting though Ro, very sensible :D

lol @ nick!

Mate she probably has bent teeth and smells too!:haha:

;)

Well, I suppose we're well suited then! :looney:

In all seriousness though, I just thought I'd sing her praises a bit cos she really was very helpful.

It's your fault I phoned them in the first place anyway!

I am with Lancaster they do like for like and also send a package with your insurance policy so you can attach 6 or more photos of the car with details with the price you paid plus current market value and they will use that as a garanteed value (sorry if spelling crap trying to get ready for work lol)

i sang her praises 10 weeks ago, when i spoke to her, i recomended her to everyone on this site, when i rang back to talk to her, she said had i recomended her to other people, i said yes,

she seemed very happy, she said she was famous.

she is the one to speak to,

and as for getting back to you, i submitted all my details thorugh email, i didnt recieve a reply, however i then phoned and asked if they had recieved my details, they said yes and gave me a qoute, which i took out.

i also had my policy before so i could register my import with the dvla, they give you 28days to register your car, whereas most other companies will require a reg

Guest Miss Jessica

Sorry to disappoint supRo but i smell of hugo boss deep red and my teeth are perfectly white and straight, Im blonde too.

Thank you to all who have called for a quote so far and i am pleased to be able to help with great insurance policies and prices.

For those of you thinking about calling Lancaster - pick up the phone! I'll get you all a good price!!

Thanks

Jessica

Sorry to disappoint supRo but i smell of hugo boss deep red and my teeth are perfectly white and straight, Im blonde too.

Thank you to all who have called for a quote so far and i am pleased to be able to help with great insurance policies and prices.

For those of you thinking about calling Lancaster - pick up the phone! I'll get you all a good price!!

Thanks

Jessica

Shoot! I've been rumbled!:blush: lol

Sorry Jessica! Especially as you did my original quotation!:hug:

Welcome to the board Jessica, keep up the goodwork :)

Ro

Thanks

Jessica

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:rlol:

For the record, I thought you sounded fit! (If that's possible!)

Anyway...

Yeah, got my policy through today, £585, can't argue with that!!!

So far, very pleased, now i've just got to get the pics off for the agreed value!

Highly recommend them :ecstatic: