The mkiv Supra Owners Club

t88 supra.... any good?

JamieP

hi im new here... i drive an evo 7 at the moment.. im in talks with http://www.gtcars.net/ at the moment on doing a deal on the red t88 car...

price aside do you think this is a good car....

its not in the country yet (2 weeks) but he has said it will come with a years parts and labour warenty..new clutch, new intercooler, full setup for uk fuel, rolling road printout....

and is a t88 turbo any good on the road....(it will be my weekend car)

thanks for any advice jamie....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flat4_ire
hi im new here... i drive an evo 7 at the moment.. im in talks with http://www.gtcars.net/ at the moment on doing a deal on the red t88 car...

price aside do you think this is a good car....

its not in the country yet (2 weeks) but he has said it will come with a years parts and labour warenty..new clutch, new intercooler, full setup for uk fuel, rolling road printout....

and is a t88 turbo any good on the road....(it will be my weekend car)

thanks for any advice jamie....

very big turbo. for big power, and a big wallet son ;) the red dont look great tho, that blueish one down below is nicer ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
blue one sold....i like the understated look off the red one...
yeah i hear you, doesnt look like a big "in ur face 700bhp'er" ;)

wont be running that power if its being remapped for 98ron prob but still, a nice machine with lots a of good gear, and looks mint too. try work him on the price a little!! theres a 94 black one for sale on here with 640bhp for 16k

if youre into drag racing and its manual then youre laughing,if you are after a track car or street racer then you prob wont like it that much

yea i want to do a bit off drag racing.... but mainly i want a very fast road car...(just for weekends messing about)

Yep as said above.... esentially an older design turbo, which is large and laggy - much better stuff around these days.

I was in Dartford over the weekend, I meant to go up and quickly peruse what he had there but time, alas, waits for no man. The only thing is that some of his cars seem a little steep - if you search you will see what I mean....

P.s. where in Bucks are you?

Yep as said above.... esentially an older design turbo, which is large and laggy - much better stuff around these days.

I was in Dartford over the weekend, I meant to go up and quickly peruse what he had there but time, alas, waits for no man. The only thing is that some of his cars seem a little steep - if you search you will see what I mean....

P.s. where in Bucks are you?

high wycombe..price isnt an issue..i just wanna know if its a good car...

yea i want to do a bit off drag racing.... but mainly i want a very fast road car...(just for weekends messing about)

Its probably too big a turbo to use properly on the streets, a 57-61 should be around the size you're tooking at, whether you go for a PHR/BL/SP or Ebay kit is up to you :)

.... but mainly i want a very fast road car...(just for weekends messing about)

If that is what you are aiming for the the T88 wont be a good choice. As others have said it will be very slow to boost and when it does will be almost undrivable on the street. I have a single turbo T71 and that, IMHO, is verging on the limit of street drivability and awesome performance. BTW, if you want a drive out in mine, let me know.

big is not always the best, i understand you want big turbo set-up but as has been said before, its a older design turbo which suffers alot of turbo lag.

i did a lot of thinking when i went single, and it took me ages to decide on the right turbo. good power but not enormous lag

If that is what you are aiming for the the T88 wont be a good choice. As others have said it will be very slow to boost and when it does will be almost undrivable on the street. I have a single turbo T71 and that, IMHO, is verging on the limit of street drivability and awesome performance. BTW, if you want a drive out in mine, let me know.

thanks very much for the offer cj i may take you up on that....

If you want a very fast road car... did Terry S sell his yet? (p.s. dont flame me if this is old news) plus he is in Watford - not too far at all. Tke a look at this if you havent already.....

http://www.supravvti.com/

apologies if it is out of your price range but that would be what I would buy if I had the cash.... built engine, Reg Reimer tuned motor.... :drool: