The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New meaning of Burnout

Need4Speed

I've just had a council contractor burn off parking bay lines and then repaint them (well they were 9 months old) without giving me a chance to move my car. The Saab in the pic wasn't mine, but my Supra was parked just down the road. Is this beyond belief or am I just being a bit precious!

From the overhead shot can anybody tell me why these lines needed replacing?

Burner.JPG

Overhead.JPG

burn off parking bay lines and then repaint them (well they were 9 months old)
Apparently it's council policy to repaint them every 3 years:looney:
I'd go stand next to him as he goes round the supe.
I did. I even asked him to wait a minute while I moved it - no effect!:thumbdown

If that Saab was my car I would go blastic :(

Why can't the coucil organise themselfs to post a note a week before so you can make alternative parking arrangements

Blastic?

"Having a specified number or kind of formative elements such as buds, germs, cells, or cell layers: meroblastic." ???

;)

You could so easily have snipered his arse from that second picture....

erm, sorry I'm still in gaming mode... ahem....

Grand Theft Auto is not reality

:ecstatic: :scare: :taped: :whistle:

Chances are the lines have failed in lab testing. All highways work has to be monitored, and when those lines were painted there would have been a technician there from a lab taking samples. If the material failed, it would probably take the council 9 months to sort it out. I do this kind of work but with aggregates and other materials, but from talking to other labs on site i'm sure these lines contain a regulated amount of differant colour particles. Maybe the ratio was wrong.

I think some kind of abrasion test would probably be done also, to see if it will last however long it has to.

I'd be mighty concerned though,to see that dude inches away from my car with that massive blow torch.

In the US they have a very simple system where for road cleaning etc there is a notice stating "1st weds every month road cleaning" and so on that day you have to move your car so they can clean the gutter etc or they remove your car for you. I know this cos I had my car removed (did not see the sign, duh)! But it is a good idea, and the road actually gets cleaned, instead of the road sweeper moving in and out of parked vehicles, leaving a zig zag trail of clean/unclean. Of course that is far too efficient and complicated a system for our uk councils to use. Sorry for thread hijack but it is related-ish I think