The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help.. numpty needs advice!

IDO

Hi all,

Feel a bit ashamed asking these kinda questions after nearly having my car for a year, but.. there is always a but..

a couple of quick questions..

If anyone could help that would be great..

Ps My car is a 93 NA Jspec

1) what is the metal box under my pasenger seat..

2) what is the red button on the gear change?

Have tried to look these up but my hand book is all in japanese so i bought a english translated one and it doesn't mention either!

Feel a fool asking but any help would be great!

thanks!!

Ooo Ooo Ooo me, me.... ejector switch - LOL!!! Woot I'm so funny!! Look at the man asking about buttons and see how funny I am!!

*sigh*

Anyway the metal box is probably an amp or japanese spec gadget that had other parts removed and the red button is to take the car out of park without the engine running - handy for taking dash panels off or cleaning all the crud out from the gaps....

Cheers for that..

i had seen a thread about the box thing a wile back, and did try and look for it to see if anyone found out what it was.. couldn't find it..

Do you know if anyone has removed it?

the red button this was driving me mad.. yep the ejector seat, machine gun, Oil slick options all crossed my mind and was the jokes from my mates..

so wanted to press it but with it being red it kinda scared me in to thinking it may be something to double check be for i pushed it (incase it was one of those emergency limp to the garage @ 10mph safety gears!)...

thanks for the info!

Cheers people.

thanks for the link nic, was looking for that thread..

Seems to be the unit for remote locking.. will have to double check as they all seem to mention this is on the drivers side.. mine is on the passenger side!

I will see when i try and take it out!

Thanks for the info