The mkiv Supra Owners Club

yeh but no but yeh but, want that one.

Guest albie

Hi

I am in the process of looking into buying a Supra. I am quite long in the tooth as far as age goes and at present am quite prepaired to wait for the right car to come along. In my youth I would probably have purchased the first one I looked at. However, I am determined to be patient. I have been looking at Japanese imported cars and have noticed that many appear to be in excellent condition?At least in the photos on the ads they do. However, I am a little sceptical about how many are on offer with very low milage, especially as some of these cars are ten years old or more.Can you tell me with your experiance how reliable these milage claims are. Also can you suggest a reliable dealer that I could purchase a suitable vehicle from (I live in wiltshire). It would need to be a dealer that would be able to offer Part Exchange Facilities. I have been told that my vehicle is worth £5000 trade in value. The vehicle I would like is a twin turbo Supra and I would pay upto about £9000 or so for one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Albie

Ill talk to ya cos your an old one like me!

Welcome to the club.

Mileage verification on an Import might be difficult; my car was a case in point. I made a good decision to buy from a current club member; so I was reasonably sure I wouldnt get ripped off. Same applies to Supra as with any car; signs of wear will give indication of treatment/mileage. Worn peddles, seat belts that wont retract etc. I didnt get "Jap history" so I had to accept that but I was sure car 's appearence matched that of a car that had done K56 if you get my drift.

Theres a shed load of GREAT cars for sale on here at the moment; but do your research on here theres loads of info about types/what to look out for m8.

52:looney:

Hello Albie

Some stuff on mileage checks here

http://www.bimta.org/MileageChecks.asp

Supra's are very reliable, a service history is very desirable though.

Try to get a standard car that hasn't been modified too much, wheels and exhaust are okay.

I think you've really got to be prepared to travel to get a good one, personally I wouldn't buy one from a garage. They're there to make money from you and you'll get more value for money buying privately.

If you do find a car then post it on here, a local member with some experience would hopefully look at a car with you .

Same applies to Supra as with any car; signs of wear will give indication of treatment/mileage. Worn peddles, seat belts that wont retract etc.

Very true! :)