The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Turbo

Marty

So ive bought myself a manifold, downpipe etc, all i need is a big turbo and a nice front mounted intercooler.

What would this turbo spool like? ive heard the horror stories about this company, but ive also heard alot of good stuff too, basically im looking for about 450rwhp ish, so i dont want a huge turbo, would rather something that spooled fast and made a nice noise :yes: know the wastegate is too small, 50mm be better? im not too knowledgeable (excuse the spellin) when it comes to stuff like this :tomato:

Turbo

Only after a turbo to keep me going a year max, then i'll be able to afford a PHR one or similar

I'd have thought a 57 or a 61 on lowish boost would do the trick :)

Me too :) Will be running low boost for a while anyway as planning on using factory fuel system and an afr until funds allow ecu upgrade. That turbo ive put a link to on my 1st post says its the same as a T61. But ive heard stories about these xspower turbos being laggy? I havent got my head around the trim sizings etc yet so could anyone tell me how laggy this turbo would be?

So ive bought myself a manifold, downpipe etc, all i need is a big turbo and a nice front mounted intercooler....

Some may argue that it would also be nice to trim the fuel and ignition curves to suit the spooling characteristics of this turbo.

That might prove to be more involved than one might expect.

A hidden "gotcha" if you like.

I hope its not cause im gunna be on an old side mount *fingers crossed lol*

Get a t61 mate. Not worth cutting corners for a few hundred pounds. Talk to terry s, he will sort you out with a t61 and if your quick you might be able to get on this shipment!

theres been horror stories about turbos from ssautochrome on supraforums. one thing i can remember is that the casings were glued together

What an old chesnut that one is.

This is not just a repost it is a multi repost.

The thread on suprfourms was exposed as a hoax and we should know as we are running the complete range of XS power turbos on our cars both Supras and Skylines.

As for being laggy well again another myth these babys spool up quick and smooth, to date we have not had any problems with these and will continue to use them.

If you want to try a car running one of these please give us a call and come down and have a drive and then you will see that most of what you read about these units is complete bollocks.

SS autochrome have made big strides towards upgrading the current range and have made many mods to replace the faults that have been reported in the past.

We currently have around 20 full kits in stock and they really are top dog.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal choice.

From what I've seen there have been fake horror-stories, mixed with real ones (from the early days)

There is an air of intimidation within Supraforums regarding people who say positive things about such products - the forum's sponsors don't like it at all (hell, they make a living out of selling competitive products are 3 times the price!)

IMO, if these kits were as usless as they try to make them out to be, they wouldn't have to ban and threaten people, they'd just wait until the bad news spread around (and believe me, bad news spread like wildfire in the internet)

...so the truth is probably somewhere in-between.

You get less quality for a lot less money.

Your car, your choice.