The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mpg!

DShox

hi,

just wanted to know what you turbo soops get out of your soop when motorway cruising. i put around 20 litres of Esso enriched petrol in driving up the M40 last night, I already had about 15 in there according to my gauge (so I thought) - but arrived home after 115 with 5 left. Basically it looks like i chewed through about half a tank driving at 85-95 mph.

on the way down to London (same 115 miles), I was driving at 80 mph and used only 18 litres (again, according to my gauges).

I have a VVTi that has only a couple of engine mods.

Ta,

D

I did Wakefield to my sisters house in Worthing (269.8) on 2/3 tank driving between 70-85 on M1, 70 on M25 and 60ish on the A roads at each end.

On the way home I had reason to go into London. Filled up near the start of the M1 and, with a lot of spirited driving, used the same amount on a shorter journey.

I think at 70-85 I get about 27mpg.

Have no idea what that all means as the stock gauge is so bloody inaccurate (so any calculations based on that are pointless),

mine gives me 20-21mpg in london and about 28-30 mpg on the motorway. (Measured on a Full Tank Refill)

Guest gzaerojon

from brighton to santa pod i done a tank at 100 to 120.

filled up and came back doing 70 ish, got home with just under half a tank left

hi,

just wanted to know what you turbo soops get out of your soop when motorway cruising. i put around 20 litres of Esso enriched petrol in driving up the M40 last night, I already had about 15 in there according to my gauge (so I thought) - but arrived home after 115 with 5 left. Basically it looks like i chewed through about half a tank driving at 85-95 mph.

on the way down to London (same 115 miles), I was driving at 80 mph and used only 18 litres (again, according to my gauges).

I have a VVTi that has only a couple of engine mods.

Ta,

D

Yea its a bitch init :eyebrows:

I've done a few long runs of 350 mile plus and on motorway - sat at 70-75 totally off boost and not pushing at all - (bad traffic anyway) I've seen 33mpg out of my TT!! that's better than my runaround!

My old man runs an R34 Skyline GTR and struggles to get 24 driving like a pensioner! I used to have a TT legacy (scooby) and that thing used to do 17 av!! (and was not very quick) we used to joke that it had no engine - just used to spray fuel in the exhaust and light it!

Sups are awesome on fuel - but - saying that, you can destroy it down to 20 with a bashing from the second turbo....

on £45, i got 250 miles on both motorway and town driving before the petrol light went on, a combination of spirited and sensible driving:p . haven't bothered to work out how much i get - what's the point when you driving a performance car??

i just did 115 miles on clear M40 doing 85-90mph and seemed to get through 25+ litres of Optimax. this suggests im getting just over 20mpg. i have stereo on, internal neons, and heater/fan + head lights.

i think mpg really tails off over 80mph.

Guest Terry S
what do you seem to get? can a stock engine be tuned effectively to do this?

driving carefully like on the way to TOTB this year late 20's, yeah you can lean the stock car out a bit but the closed loop function will try and pull it back to the stock setting all the time. Can be done though.

driving carefully like on the way to TOTB this year late 20's, yeah you can lean the stock car out a bit but the closed loop function will try and pull it back to the stock setting all the time. Can be done though.

Is this true for the later Sups with OBD2? If so, then whats the workaround, cause from my Honda days we struggled to find a workaround for this.....other than doing an OBD1 conversion.