The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air Fuel Ratios & Power

paulmann

Morning

Just had my NA diagnosed on a Rolling Road. It is totally standard.

The guy said there was no det and it ran totally smooth through the runs.

1st two runs giving increasing power and the 3rd run sitting ontop of the 2nd.

But it ran 20BHP less than standard. Is this expected for a 12 year old car with 60000 miles on clock?

205BHP with 184 FtLbs.

He said it ran a little lean above 6400rpm.

Thanks

Paul.

At the fly wheel.

NOw he said at the wheel s the bhp was 165. that means he has used 25% to work it out right? but that far too high for rwd, maybe 4wd? am i correct. maybe meaning i am running less power.

i do n't know to be honest. just guessing.

At the fly wheel.

NOw he said at the wheel s the bhp was 165. that means he has used 25% to work it out right? but that far too high for rwd, maybe 4wd? am i correct. maybe meaning i am running less power.

i do n't know to be honest. just guessing.

yep your right 24. something% thta is high but someone will tell you exactly

I thought drivetrain losses were different to every car, dependant upon wheel and tyre size, drive train wear etc, and a standard figure of 20% wouldnt give an accurate conversion.

AFAIK to get an accurate fly readout dont you need to have the engine bench dyno'd? rarther than rolling road'd?

I thought drivetrain losses were different to every car, dependant upon wheel and tyre size, drive train wear etc, and a standard figure of 20% wouldnt give an accurate conversion.

AFAIK to get an accurate fly readout dont you need to have the engine bench dyno'd? rarther than rolling road'd?

Yep. Flywheel figures are total guesswork and frankly meaningless, unless meaured on a bench dyno.