The mkiv Supra Owners Club

alarm

gaz1

thinking at changing my alarm ,was told you can get one that when armed will make your windows go up, and also you can start the engine from the alarm fob, mmmm is this right and if it is where do i get my hands on one of the little beauties, and a rough idea of cost with fitting

hi, I think any decent modular alarm should be able to do that for you, and more. You can add the extras as and when you require them.

For example the toad ai606 (which is a good, extentable alarm) has:

>3 timed or constant remote controlled outputs for boot release, headlamp illumination, total closure etc

which can be wired to close all the windows (sometimes they call these window lifters, really they are just relays IIRC).

>Two 4 button transmitters

I think this, with the outputs above could be wired for remote start.

The basic supply and fitting, probably around £250 or so (bit of a guess) and a bit extra for the window lifters etc, shouldn't be expensive.

I can do the Concept 650 for £340, Intellistart for £140, (when installed at the same time), Window closure for £50, boot release can be a bit tricky, but no more than £70. (Not one of my favourite/recommended things though).

Even better, as I'm 'slightly' famillier with Supra's, I know how to correctly wire up the immobiliser circuits on a Supra. Something thats very often done wrong. ;)

And I'm in Kent :D

:Plug: :D

When you fit a boot release, you have to fit a solenoid to pull the release cable. It has to be fitted in such a way that allows the release cord to work at the front as normal, but in doing this, it makes the boot harder to shut as the latch cable is always under tension one way or the other.

It's not really a 'big' deal, but whenever I shut other peoples boots, I always wish mine would shut that easily.... IYSWIM.....

YHM re the E-manage...