The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Larger Spec Brake Upgrade

Nic

We seem to have had a LOT of new members join in the last 6 months and I have received a lot of emails and pm's over this time asking for prices and advice about the larger spec Supra brakes. So for those new to the Supra, here is some information about the brake options that were available on the Supra.

The Jap spec Supras were sold with 2 different sizes of brakes, front and rear. The majority of the early model Supras, especially the NA's were fitted with the smaller 2 pot front and 1 pot rear calipers, with smaller diameter discs (front=296mm/rear=307mm).

All UK models and many of the later model Supras, were fitted with the larger 4 pot front and 2 pot rear calipers, with larger diameter discs (front=323mm/rear=324mm).

The larger spec brakes give far superior braking power over the smaller brakes. So one of the most popular and best modification to the Supra is to upgrade to the larger spec brakes. I have supplied dozens of members with with these, as I can get them at a good saving over Toyota UK prices. If anyone is looking to improve their braking and would like advice/prices, then please feel free to contact me at the the email link in my signiture.

If you're not sure which brakes you have fitted, here are some pics: The first pic shows the smaller 2 pot front brakes (notice the open slotted front on the caliper), the 2nd and 3rd pics show the larger 4 pot front caliper, the 4th pic shows a full set of front and rear larger spec brakes (also includes some optional parts such as braided brake lines, etc.)

Also see instructions HERE showing how to fit the larger brakes.

2pot Front Caliper.jpg

4Pot Front Caliper:Disc.jpg

03280008.jpg

brakesresized.jpg