The mkiv Supra Owners Club

clifford alarm , having problems help

chris aka fonz

Just noticed my car was beeping , 2 beeps then pause then 2 beeps then pause and so on , i tryed my key fob to unlock and open the car but it wouldnt work , i then opened the door with the key and set the alarm off .

I couldnt disarm it with the key fob , im pretty sure its a 450 or 500 series clifford alarm .

Could it just be my battery has gone dead in my fob , would that make my car beep tho ?

Im puzzled !

Just noticed my car was beeping , 2 beeps then pause then 2 beeps then pause and so on , i tryed my key fob to unlock and open the car but it wouldnt work , i then opened the door with the key and set the alarm off .

I couldnt disarm it with the key fob , im pretty sure its a 450 or 500 series clifford alarm .

Could it just be my battery has gone dead in my fob , would that make my car beep tho ?

Im puzzled !

that won't make your car beep, is the car battery ok?

My battery died on my supra and it was left for a few months.

Since then i couldn't get the alarm to "beep" when i set and unset it, and the self powered siren doesn't sound when you disconnect the battery.

Strangely enough though, i have since changed the battery again after leaving it too long without starting (never learn do we) and now it all works again, beeps en all!

Weird!

My battery died on my supra and it was left for a few months.

Since then i couldn't get the alarm to "beep" when i set and unset it, and the self powered siren doesn't sound when you disconnect the battery.

Strangely enough though, i have since changed the battery again after leaving it too long without starting (never learn do we) and now it all works again, beeps en all!

Weird!

The siren batterys take their charge ONLY when the engine is running. So if you don't use the car for an extended period, the siren battery will go flat. Generally, driving the car will recharge the siren battery.

If you ever find that you lose the chirps, but the siren does sound when triggered, that's telling you that the battery in the siren is knackered and the siren needs replacing.

ps, whos hissing sid?

The bravest animals in the land are Captain Beaky and his band - that's Timid Toad, Reckless Rat, Artful Owl and Batty Bat." . . . .

It's a childhood memory really. Something Noel Edmonds was involved with on the radio when I was a kid. At the time it seemed my whole class and everyone I knew were following it.

Hissing Sid was 'alledgedly' an evil snake. However, like all good baddies, Hissing Sid had his followers that believed "Hissing Sid in Innocent!" Hence the association with Dude....

I'll get my coat... :rolleyes: :tomato: